🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I missed out on the First Direct Regular Saver ISA

Options
2»

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    a27 wrote: »
    I was looking at the ones on that thread.

As I don't have the £3,600 on hand right now and I don't need to withdraw once deposited, I guess fixed rate is out of the question.

Let me know what else you need to know please.

Persoanlly, what I do, is open up an instant access one whilst I am depositing money. Usually with Egg only because I find them easy to handle. Once its full, I will then transfer to a fixed rate. :-)

The only reason I suggested the 3 I did is because you are just going to be putting money in whenever you can.

I don't like notice accounts only because if the rate changes, I have to wait a month or whatever, til I can move it.

Also when looking, look at the minimum deposit. Some of them, like Manchester Building Society, require at least £1000 on opening. I don't know how much you can afford now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport