Egg instant access now 3.25% (2.00% bonus).

Options

Comments

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Egg is FP inbound only. For outbound you add an account and it goes out via BACS 3-4 day as usual.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    edited 9 August 2009 at 9:47AM
    Options
    I wonder if the additional £50bn injection (announced by the BOE last Thursday) will ease that situation though?
    Well the listed bank share prices certainly responded positively to the news.

I think that's got more to do with the impact of further quantitative easing on the wider economy though.

I'm not aware that the funds are being used to prop up the liabilities side of bank balance sheets.
  • John_3:16
    John_3:16 Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone help please. I need the sort code for this account but can't find it? I have the account number.

Where do i look

Thanks
    The measure of love is love without measure
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Look under "Make a deposit" / "[FONT=arial,helvetica]help with making a one-off payment"

[ it's
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]40-61-99 ]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • berti_quinlan
    Options
    Was disappointed that the interest is paid annually and not monthly in this as I was wanting to put around 6500 in for 6 months and take it out afterwards but had to settle for my HSBC Deposit Bond instead, hardly worth it really but its better than sitting in my Online 'Saver' account which has now shrivelled up into 0.25%AER.
    65 pound is better than nothing i suppose!
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Was disappointed that the interest is paid annually and not monthly in this as I was wanting to put around 6500 in for 6 months and take it out afterwards but had to settle for my HSBC Deposit Bond instead, hardly worth it really but its better than sitting in my Online 'Saver' account which has now shrivelled up into 0.25%AER.
    65 pound is better than nothing i suppose!

You could have opened the account and closed it after 6 months and got 6 months worth of interest....
  • berti_quinlan
    Options
    Oh, wasn't sure how to interpret that so i didnt bother. Now i know.
    It ends up 0.3% difference over the 6 months so that equates to around 20 quid in total, no great loss i suppose.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh, wasn't sure how to interpret that so i didnt bother. Now i know.
    It ends up 0.3% difference over the 6 months so that equates to around 20 quid in total, no great loss i suppose.
    I make it nearer 0.6% and you woud have had the flexibilty of leaving it in for more or less than exactly 6 months. Also check out the answers in your other thread (before it went off topic!). Anyway, too late now.
  • fleenio
    fleenio Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    I'm impressed. I just opened an account and set up a deposit - its in already :) My 6.5% BOS IASA reward has just matured and was getting a measly 0.5% (or 2.60% if I fixed it for another year). I have also closed my Bradford and Bingley savings account and will be placing my cash in the egg account, untill something better comes up.
  • D1zzy
    D1zzy Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    opinions4u wrote: »
    Inwards, they do tend to take 2 hours to show (although I usually deposit by debit card which shows immediately).

Outwards, think of a number below 1p.
    Just done my first FP to EGG - still not showing + 7 hours, does the fact that it is Sunday make a difference?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure