We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

eCar Insurance - cheap insurance including home start breakdown cover

Options
Bob63
Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
The people behind https://www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk and https://www.evaninsurance.co.uk have now launched https://www.ecarinsurance.co.uk

I insured my bike with eBike Insurance last year. I got my annual premium down to £208 with full home start breakdown cover compared with my best quote of £265 with no breakdown cover.

I just tried a quote for the wife's car (which isn't due until August so I was just doing it out of interest) and it quoted £232, again with home start breakdown, compared with last year's premium of £308 with no breakdown cover. Last year's premium was the lowest I could find anywhere - I really shopped around so this is a significant saving.

Another nice thing about these people is that they have a UK call centre - based at Aust right next to the old Severn Bridge near Bristol.

I can't recommend them highly enough and the prices are excellent.

Mike

Comments

• LB1985
    LB1985 Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a very good deal. I don't yet have a car, but hope to acquire one soon and the quotes I have got from these guys are most promising. Thanks, Mike!
  • suffolkb
    suffolkb Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that.I was quoted £131.25 for a fiat seicento and £94.50 for the MZ totalling £225.75 for the pair including breakdown cover.RAC wanted £317 and last year was £365 with Carole Nash (haven`t got this years quote yet).
    I would have saved a lot of time if i`d searched this forum earlier.
  • Bob63
    Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to help.

A couple of points worth noting...

When you get to the final price quote screen do play around with the voluntary excess. It will amaze you how low you can get the quote if you are prepared to accept a higher excess.

The breakdown cover excludes running out of petrol.

Mike
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    I'll keep it bookmarked for when i change cars but it's no good for me.. 2 1/2 times (ish) what i'm paying now.
  • CAE
    CAE Posts: 644 Forumite
    Options
    ecar insurance worked for me.

Shopped around last year, and More than came out cheapest. This years renewal figure with more than was #239 fully comp. Ecar came out at #144 including break down cover and legal expenses as standard.

Well pleased.

My 18 year old son also insured with ecar as cheaper than other insurers.

Ecar does not seenm to come up with the screen scraper sites such as insure supermarket or comfused.com, so worth trying seperately.

Carol
  • Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    I am surprised they are not on the aggregator sites.

Has anyone actually had any true dealings with them yet though - ie a claim? The test of any insurer is how this aspect goes rather than just the price of a quote.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Quote for me wasn't good. £512 versus my current £300 with Sainsbury. That's for a Group 18 though.
    Can I help?
  • chris73
    chris73 Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    £480.00 versus my existing premium of £310 - don't think they'll be getting my business anytime soon!
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheapest quote for me ... 20 1 NCB...

Decided not to go with them though, struggled to find a contact number and every online quote I've had, when I've rang them up and confirmed the details my premium has gone up.

Went with Quinn Direct, great customer service at there call centre in Ireland and cheap quote.
  • phizee
    Options
    If You Go Through !!!!!!!!! You Get A Cheaper Quote I Was Quoted +550 -1500 But When I Went Through Go Compare It Went Down To £264 Third Party Fire And Theft And Ive Only Just Passed My Test
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport