Dissertation

Options

Comments

• Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    have one month to go and have reached panic mode. got 9000 words out of 15000 needed and am up to doing my analysis .. think my panicking is getting in the way!! i've been sat on the floor of my living room for the past 4 hours, surrounded by bits of paper and trying to make sense of loads and loads of interview data ..... anyone on here with tips on how to do a thematic analysis would be fantastic!!

I have a week to go, and have done 2000 out of about 15000. :D
  • viru.doshi
    viru.doshi Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    Esoog wrote:
    I have a week to go, and have done 2000 out of about 15000. :D

:eek: Good Luck!!!
    I'm better off without you.
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah it won't be a problem, its on a subject I enjoy and am fairly knowledgable about, plus I've had most of the sources etc I need kicking around for nearly a year now.
    It's just a case of getting my head down and doing it :-d
  • jr666
    jr666 Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    you're all doing the wrong subjects!! I haven't written an essay since my GCSE summer exam!! Thats the way forward ;)

Good luck to all those who are doing them though
    Come to my garden in South Bucks and i'll find you a wasp...
  • linzibean
    linzibean Posts: 437 Forumite
    Options
    Mine was due yesterday but I'm a sad swot and handed it in about 3 weeks ago, had it finished about two months ago though. I have been working on it for almost two years (I started it in my second year as I was worried my third year wouldnt be enough time :rolleyes: ) and to hand it in was a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE relief!!!
  • dribsndrabs
    dribsndrabs Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone got any dissertation ideas for me...it has to be about animals and involve actual research i.e. setting up and administering a project. I would prefer to use a species of small mammals if poss (as well as hopefully effecting welfare)...any ideas - any one?
    Thomas Jefferson: "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." :idea:

Woody Allen: "If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank". :think:
  • Barcode
    Barcode Posts: 4,551 Forumite
    Options
    Not a dissertation, but my total word count seems close to one. In the next month I have (i) one six thousand word essay about Sartre's existentialism (three thousand done) (ii) one three thousand word essay about time travel (half done) (iii) one three thousand word essay about whether personal identity is preserved in teleportation (aka Star Trek) (iv) one five thousand word essay about whether the representational content of experience is conceptual or non-conceptual and (v) one five thousand word essay about Locke's account of personal identity. Oh, and one exam.

I seem to spend more time panicking than actually getting on with things.
    'We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. '
    -- T. S. Eliot
  • aurora_borealis_2
    Options
    Sheesh Barcode, that seems excessive!!

How much notice have you had?

Good Luck to you, you'll do it.
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
  • viru.doshi
    viru.doshi Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    Barcode wrote:
    Not a dissertation, but my total word count seems close to one. In the next month I have (i) one six thousand word essay about Sartre's existentialism (three thousand done) (ii) one three thousand word essay about time travel (half done) (iii) one three thousand word essay about whether personal identity is preserved in teleportation (aka Star Trek) (iv) one five thousand word essay about whether the representational content of experience is conceptual or non-conceptual and (v) one five thousand word essay about Locke's account of personal identity. Oh, and one exam.

I seem to spend more time panicking than actually getting on with things.

Your essays have groovy titles :D
    I'm better off without you.
  • Barcode
    Barcode Posts: 4,551 Forumite
    Options
    Which is their only saving grace.

But it's not as bad as it sounds. I have almost finished two (so that's two x 5000 words out of the way). My exam is on Thursday, so that is something else out of the way.

Which leaves me with one six thousand word essay and two x three thousand. Half of the longer one is done, half of one of the shorter ones is done, so I have one essay to write from scratch within a month. I don't think it will be that bad. I can say goodbye to any sort of life between now and the end of May, but it is manageable (I think).
    'We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. '
    -- T. S. Eliot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport