Dissertation

Options

Comments

• halil
    halil Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    got mine due in on the 4th of may, done about 8000 words (limit is 10000, but wont get that much).
  • Darksun
    Darksun Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    And I complain about 2,000 words - guess it's all downhill after first year eh? :beer:
  • viru.doshi
    viru.doshi Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    I hope everyone who is still doing their dissertation is backing it up!!

A good way is to email it to yourself and to friends now that you can send at least 10Mb file attachments in emails.
    I'm better off without you.
  • lellie
    lellie Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    I've got my second year long essay due in wednesday (max 7000 words, expected 6000)..

I've written about 6500 words but now decided the structure is all wrong so I'm in the process of printing it off and cutting it up with scissors to put it in the right order.. then I shall cut and paste it back into a sensible shape.. hope I can do it today!
  • lellie
    lellie Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    Skyhigh wrote:
    Had to be in before easter break (so, three weeks ago).

159 pages, thats 30,063 words.
    Aboutr 4300 lines of code (so, average, thats about 35k 'words' in addition).

Fun fun fun fun....bleh.

And now for a Masters year.....

:!:

computing always has loads of words by the time you've added all the code.. it's silly. For A Level I wrote about 12000 words for my project + all the code.. dread to think what uni one would be like..
  • charlie007
    charlie007 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    about backing it up- i didn't and had lost 5,000 words. I cried. If i had backed it up i would be done by now!
    Mortgage free Start amount feb 2014 227000. Current amount nov 2014 217000.

Challenges 2015
    No alcohol January. No spend February
    Write down all spends over the whole year
  • viru.doshi
    viru.doshi Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    charlie007 wrote:
    about backing it up- i didn't and had lost 5,000 words. I cried. If i had backed it up i would be done by now!

Awww *virtual e-hug* :rolleyes:

I got back my result today, I got an A baby!!! woooo :j
    I'm better off without you.
  • vicki98_2
    vicki98_2 Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    Badly stressed with my dissertation!!

have one month to go and have reached panic mode. got 9000 words out of 15000 needed and am up to doing my analysis .. think my panicking is getting in the way!! i've been sat on the floor of my living room for the past 4 hours, surrounded by bits of paper and trying to make sense of loads and loads of interview data ..... anyone on here with tips on how to do a thematic analysis would be fantastic!!
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Have you got a copy of Saunders - Research Methods for Business Students - Chapter 9 is about primary data using interviews - Good Luck - that's what i'm doing next year!!
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• aurora_borealis_2
    Options
    vicki98 wrote:
    Badly stressed with my dissertation!!

have one month to go and have reached panic mode. got 9000 words out of 15000 needed and am up to doing my analysis .. think my panicking is getting in the way!! i've been sat on the floor of my living room for the past 4 hours, surrounded by bits of paper and trying to make sense of loads and loads of interview data ..... anyone on here with tips on how to do a thematic analysis would be fantastic!!

I lecture on this... how can I help?
    pm me if you like.
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills