** Its Monday....again Daily Natter **

Options
Well the weekend is over and its Dam Monday again!
Off to drop Maz at airport then work for me until 12 at which point I think I will be coming home for a nice chillax afternoon...or go to the allotment depending on the weather

Catch you all later
I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
Finally Debt Free...

Comments

• sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey Sally, I thought I was up early......I am off to Bradford to see a client.....will be back later...xx
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Hello! Hope you all had a good time in Weybiza, I didn't have time to keep up with the thread.

I went to a car boot yesterday and got a few bargains but decided not to sell there. The prices were too low, I'll be able to get more on ebay and amazon. I don't need a big lump of cash straight away so selling gradually on there is fine.

Oh/ex is moving out today!

Sister has stopped talking to me because I want to cut her food budget to unacceptable levels (£25pw then £20pw) and had the audacity to try and find help from OS on how she can eat cheaply and healthily, how dare I?! So she'd rather eat crap for £10 a week, which is all she can afford on her own. I spoke to dad and he agreed with me that she has to cut her cloth and get used to living on JSA. So much for her assertions that he was about to cut me off if I didn't change my lifestyle, we're getting on better than ever!

Oh and I've started a diary on here.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all, the sun's shining!! :j

Ames - you really do seem to be going from strength to strength here :T Well done on tackling your sister over her spends and fingers crossed it all goes smoothly with ex moving out today.

Hope everyone had fun at the meet.

DH has got 2 Dr's appointments today, he's still not fit to go back to work, this is the 6th week now and much as I love him being at home, he's driving himself and therefore, the rest of us potty by not being able to do anything.

Will take DD's to the beach for a swim this afternoon, tides are silly times today so no safe swimming until around 2.30pm...what's the betting it's raining by then! :confused:
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Pooky, I am feeling a lot stronger now, I actually want to get things sorted out and make my life better, instead of just stewing in a depressed apathy. Ex is officially moving out today but it'll take a few days to get all his stuff over there, but he's going which is the main thing.

Sorry to hear about your DH, hope things improve soon.

Does it matter if it's raining if you're going swimming, you'll be getting wet anyway?! I think you're brave for swimming in the sea in England, brr!
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    Im on a mission but fading slowly this morning. Have come back, hoovered ground floor, pulled all the furniture out and the stairs. Done 2 loads of washing which are on the line already and the 3rd is in the machine, washed up, cleaned the kitchen and had breakfast. Going to try and clean toilets and bathroom before I leave for work...where I shall colllapse and have a snooze ;)

Hope your meeting today goes ok Sammy
    :) Ames, you really are doing so well. You sister is only !!!!ed off because she realises now that you are no push over and she can't get away with sponging off you. I would tell her, she can have the £20 and be happy or get nothing after all its your money NOT hers, she has no right to it!

Pooky hope OH gets things sorted out at the Dr's. I feel your pain, OH has been without work since end of May...and I have committed murder on several occasions!
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All!!

Back at work today but am starting to feel better which is nice (been a bit chesty - nothing crazy but ot feeling 100%) :D

Hope everyone had fun in weymouth :D
  • schoolrunmum
    schoolrunmum Posts: 2,689 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 3 August 2009 at 9:19AM
    Options
    Hi all! Hey Sally and Pooky-know what you mean, I could cheerfully murder OH when he's at home for extended times-he (almost) severed his thumb last year and was under my feet for 6 months!
    He left for Hong Kong last night so I can spend time chatting on here without getting grief about "wasting time"...
    Off to buy school shoes later, kids are doing an activity watersports day at local reservoir on wednesday, then DH and DS are doing their Jetski licenses on Thursday in prep for hols-the Spanish authorities are clamping down on qualifications etc..that's my week! Catch u later, SRM xx
    Hey Beanie-got a lush Radley on ebay for £15 last night!
    Debt-free...and staying that way...
  • Lenza_Quidditch
    Options
    sallyx wrote: »
    before I leave for work...where I shall colllapse and have a snooze ;)
    Sally - then wake up and come home to a lovely clean house!
    Ames - Well done you! Onwards and upwards eh?
    Hope Weybiza was good all!
    Today the sun's actually out so I'm bringing accounts up to date then off for a walk. Kids back tonight from 4 nights in a tent so their bedding's drying. Youngest's b'day tomorrow but I don't think i'll see either of them before lunch!
    Lose The Beef Challenge :p - start 17.01.11 3.5lbs/60lbs
    Tone The Rest Challenge :A - start 17.01.11 Jan 10/14 days Feb 17/28 Mar 4/31
    Buy Less Cr*p Challenge :D - start 01.02.11 Feb £0/£300
    It's not the destination...
    .............................. ...it's the glory of the ride!
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    If only that were true Lenza! In the 3 hours I shall be at work OH will have made himself breakfast and left the bowl on the side, made himself and DD a sandwich so there will be crumbs and bits of grated cheese on the side board and over the kitchen floor. He will then proceed to eat it walking to the sitting room, dropping crumbs along the way,sit on the sofa and make more mess. DD will leave her crusts hidden under the TV probably and then they will both trapse dry mud/sand up and down the stairs because they don't take there shoes off! *Sigh*
    Finally Debt Free...
  • redsquirrel80
    redsquirrel80 Posts: 12,457 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :hello: Had a great weekend but sooo tired!
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport