1gb o2 payg broaband

Options
I have o2 payg bb, it says 1gh does anyone know how long 1gb will last all I want to do is mainly surfing and a downloading some software.

Comments

• hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    1gb is nothing really. One film is around 700mb. If you're on PAYG won't it just cut off when you have reached your limit?

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • safesound
    safesound Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    Averagely surfing standard websites (with graphics but no video) you should get around 40 hours but if you download ANYTHING it reduces proportionately, ie, if you download three pieces of software of 100mb then you will cut your surfing by a third.
    Also remember that although 40 hours sounds allot, it isn't. Its just over an hour a day and that's just surfing, add a download or two and you will have eaten that up within a few days.
    :A:A:A:A:A:A
  • FirstTimer4Me
    FirstTimer4Me Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Options
    safesound wrote: »
    Averagely surfing standard websites (with graphics but no video) you should get around 40 hours but if you download ANYTHING it reduces proportionately, ie, if you download three pieces of software of 100mb then you will cut your surfing by a third.
    Also remember that although 40 hours sounds allot, it isn't. Its just over an hour a day and that's just surfing, add a download or two and you will have eaten that up within a few days.
    thanks for the help, I'm working away from home for a couple of days so just need payg for the time i'm away, not sure if I should pay £15.00 for 30 days or £7.50 for 7 days

the £7.50 say 1GB + unlimited wi fi - i've no idea what that means :confused:
    456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    it means if you are somewhere where o2 have a wireless hotspot you can connect to it and use it as much as you want
  • FirstTimer4Me
    Options
    456789 wrote: »
    it means if you are somewhere where o2 have a wireless hotspot you can connect to it and use it as much as you want
    cheers for that you learn something new each day but i wouldn't have a clue how do connect to a wireless hotspot :confused::o
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cheers for that you learn something new each day but i wouldn't have a clue how do connect to a wireless hotspot :confused::o

Just open your web browser when at the hotspot and it will tell you how.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • FirstTimer4Me
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Just open your web browser when at the hotspot and it will tell you how.
    i clicked on my homepage "Google" but it says " IE cannot display the webpage"

i clicked on diagnoise problem and connect to a network has opened up with 3 networks showing

1 cellular profile dial up connection
    1 tataraTmp unsecured network
    1 unnamed Network security enabled network
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • FirstTimer4Me
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    ta for you help i really do appreciate it, this might sound stupid but I don't fully undertsnad, do I have to actually be inside a hotspot, for example say Mcdonalds, do I have to be inside? what if i'm 3 miles away?
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    ta for you help i really do appreciate it, this might sound stupid but I don't fully undertsnad, do I have to actually be inside a hotspot, for example say Mcdonalds, do I have to be inside? what if i'm 3 miles away?

If you are 3 miles away from the hotspot you won't be connecting, if you're 30 metres away maybe, at a push
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure