Car Hire excess cover insurance policy

Options
Hi Folks,

I saw this website...

insurance4carhire dot com

and for £50 for a year it appears that you get fantastic cover for anything that happens... i know ive been stung for paying for higher levels of cover in the past amd am seriously thinking about it next time we need to hire a car.

Has anyone used them.... is it too good to be true?

:)

Angie

Comments

• Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    Not it's not too good to be true, it's just true and cheaper than you suggest; Insurance4CarHire

and for balance: WorldwideInsure Car Hire Excess Insurance
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • LittleMissAspie
    LittleMissAspie Posts: 2,130 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    These just insure the excess, if I understand it correctly. You still need the car hire company's insurance.

So if you have an accident, car hire company insurance would pay but you would pay the excess, just like on normal car insurance. By buying this policy, you get the excess back.
  • AndyHo
    AndyHo Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    If you go for the questor-insurance.co.uk worldwide annual policy inc SLI this will cover all insurances with no excess (apart from contents, where there is an excess) Around £117 :T Been using them for years
  • Donnie
    Options
    Some of the posts here are a bit pointless considering the thread title. Hey ho...

Also, since I've already posted the insurance4carhire link that includes the discount, it would be pointless to pay the full price via Quidco only to wait an age for a similar discount.
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    but you can get the discount and quidco :)
  • angie_lester
    Options
    i thought it worked so you dont have to buy the higher level of insurance that covers things likes windows, tyres, damage, theft etc? thats how i read it (sorry if i wasdnt clear)

will def take a look at some of the links tho, thanks people!

: )
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i thought it worked so you dont have to buy the higher level of insurance that covers things likes windows, tyres, damage, theft etc? thats how i read it (sorry if i wasdnt clear)

will def take a look at some of the links tho, thanks people!

: )

That is how Insurance4carhire and others work. You rental car will come with "full insurance" but will have an excess of anything up to 1,000 Euros. I4CH will cover this excess and tyre and glass etc. The only downside is that it is a claim back service, the Hire company will debit your card, if you have an accident/incident and then you claim it back on your return, so could be hassle but the savings are good.
  • Donnie
    Options
    moneypooh wrote: »
    but you can get the discount and quidco :)

Really? Show us how.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure