Forum Home» Quick! Grabbit while you can» It's Gone, but was it any good?

£100 cashback & more on 12-mth O2 SIMplicity SIM-only mobile contracts - £11.25/mth! - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

£100 cashback & more on 12-mth O2 SIMplicity SIM-only mobile contracts - £11.25/mth!

edited 21 September 2009 at 10:32AM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
317 replies 110K views

Replies

• jump82jump82 Forumite
    21 posts
    Hi

I am currently on o2 simplicity £19.58/month and would like to get this offer. I have been to the website but am very confused on how to get this offer. Could someone tell me how to get this offer please?
  • djtdjt Forumite
    48 posts
    love2save wrote: »
    Do you know the cheapest place to buy a new payg iphone 3gs?

Ebay probably. The O2 and Apple stores charge the same (though you can get 3% cashback with the Apple store through Quidco/TCB I think). I managed to get a brand new 3G for £280 from Ebay, it's up to you as to whether you think the 3GS is worth the extra money.
    jump82 wrote: »
    Hi

I am currently on o2 simplicity £19.58/month and would like to get this offer. I have been to the website but am very confused on how to get this offer. Could someone tell me how to get this offer please?

You can't get this offer as you are already on the tariff, sorry.
  • SitbhSitbh Forumite
    32 posts
    As ray951 has done, can you not go through quidco to the o2 site, then upgrade your current 30 day simplicity contract to the 12 month one and still get your cashback?
  • silverchairsilverchair Forumite
    937 posts
    I cant believe this thread has been viewed 22,402 & Austin has only been thanked 7 times
  • paylesspayless Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant believe this thread has been viewed 22,402 & Austin has only been thanked 7 times

yes thats a point, however I'm sure many views like me- people who already knew of the deal as check out quidco ( amnd just looked at thread as we were considering the deal and noticed a thread / checked ouut before posting own duplicate ) OR just casual linkers from the MSE email
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • paylesspayless Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    why is the MSE post dated 14-07-2009 ?
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be the OP, in this case to explain the deal more fully rather than edit the original OP, they need to pull up an old post dated before the OP, if you see what I mean :)
  • Thanks for this Austin.

I for one had not heard about this offer before.

I was just today going to change my current pay as you go sim from t-mobile to O2. Then i saw this offer and though if i take this offer up, how long should i leave it before i ask them to change the number back to my original t-mobile number.

Also im interested in taking the extra which includes surfing the web, yet my mobile phone is not capable of this. Can anyone reccommend phones which are good for this use (surfing the web) but which costs less than £100.
    :confused:I say im a moneysaver, my family think im a cheapskate!
  • omg i have just searched for phones on the 02 website according to which were the best for internet browsings and the prices started from £200, but with most around the £250. The most i have ever paid for a phone is around £90.
    :confused:I say im a moneysaver, my family think im a cheapskate!
  • jump82jump82 Forumite
    21 posts
    djt wrote: »
    Ebay probably. The O2 and Apple stores charge the same (though you can get 3% cashback with the Apple store through Quidco/TCB I think). I managed to get a brand new 3G for £280 from Ebay, it's up to you as to whether you think the 3GS is worth the extra money.

You can't get this offer as you are already on the tariff, sorry.
    Really? Even if i am only on the monthly simplicity tariff?? There is no way around it??
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support