Odeon premiere club

Although you need to pay to join, the Odeon Premiere Club - which is a loyalty scheme operating in some Odeon cinemas - could be worth joining if you go to the cinema frequently. You earn 10 points for each £1 spent ( & need about 300 points for a free coca-cola, 800 points for a cinema ticket). Joining options are £1.99 (receive 100 free bonus points), £4.99 (500 bonus points) or £9.99 (1000 bonus points + double points for first month of membership). Depending on the price of tickets at your local cinema you may recoup most of the joining fee.
«13

Comments

  • Jmj, you keep talking about points in your post. Are you refering to Nectar points?
    I want ginger babies
  • Nice to get something off Odeon!
  • madcal87
    madcal87 Posts: 441 Forumite
    Its a scam in my opinion, you have to buy the card at like £10....but u do go to the cinema free once after that on the points...but this would cost £8, so you pay £2 for the card!
    You then have to go 12 times to get a free ticket!
    Wins Pre-2011 : Arctic Monkeys Tickets
    2011 Wins:Two and A Half Men Series 1-8 DVD Boxset
  • madcal87 wrote: »
    Its a scam in my opinion, you have to buy the card at like £10....but u do go to the cinema free once after that on the points...but this would cost £8, so you pay £2 for the card!
    You then have to go 12 times to get a free ticket!
    :S
    I bought one for £1.99 earlier this evening since they started the premiere club in my local odeon today (ODEON Brighton :D)
    Since i go cinema frequently with girlfriend thought it would be a good idea :beer:
    Well done odeon :T
  • Is it a one off payment or monthly? And is there any difference between the schemes apart from the price. I couldn't find any full details on the web.
  • ferien_uk
    ferien_uk Posts: 133 Forumite
    edited 3 September 2009 at 6:19PM
    Posssum wrote: »
    Is it a one off payment or monthly? And is there any difference between the schemes apart from the price. I couldn't find any full details on the web.

    It's a one-off joining fee, not monthly.

    The only difference is the amount of introductory points you receive.

    For the £10 card, you receive 1000 points, so you've already got yourself a free ticket, plus 200 pts towards future tickets.

    You get 500 with the £5 card and 100 with the £2 card.

    Really the only difference between them is how quickly you can get yourself a free ticket, so depends how impatient you are!

    I'm still trying to decide whether to go for it or not. I worked out you'd need to go to at least 20 films to get a free ticket. But if you're only playing £2 for the card, then your first 'free' ticket is essentially £2, then you can continue getting free tickets after that. The points might build up slowly, but as long as I get a free ticket eventually, then I am saving money....I think.
  • onetomany
    onetomany Posts: 2,170 Forumite
    where do you get it from? i got a carers card just wondering if its worth getting?
  • Absolutely rubbish if you ask me.

    Need to go 12 times to get a free ticket! If it was 5 it would be worthwhile.
  • I just searched online to find out what everyone else thought of it and I’m glad to see that everyone who’s joined feels the same way. I think it’s great – apparently you get entered in to lots of competitions and giveaways etc. the points are adding up more quickly than I thought and I’ve been only a few times so far and bought some popcorn and a few drinks – I’ve already got a free ticket!! I’m really pleased that Odeon are giving something back to loyal customers…nice one Odeon.
  • Wilkie1986 wrote: »
    I just searched online to find out what everyone else thought of it and I’m glad to see that everyone who’s joined feels the same way. I think it’s great – apparently you get entered in to lots of competitions and giveaways etc. the points are adding up more quickly than I thought and I’ve been only a few times so far and bought some popcorn and a few drinks – I’ve already got a free ticket!! I’m really pleased that Odeon are giving something back to loyal customers…nice one Odeon.

    where did you search online for information about it? The odeon site or elsewhere. Be keen to hear what others have to say about it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards