I cannot believe the people that say they would keep the money

Do you have no conscience or morals?

purely and simply it is stealing

I would have no hesitation in handing it in
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    Im sure Vet8 would not be so happy if someone had walked off with £300 out of his account.

If I'm honest I'd keep the money.

If it happened to me I would of course be not happy. However I'd probably blame myself, and put it down to experience.
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • crispy_chris
    crispy_chris Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would have kept the money and slept extremely soundly that night.

Theres absolutely no way that you would ever be traced so I'd happily take the personal profit.
  • talana
    talana Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    Options
    vet8 wrote: »
    I am (usually!) honest

".........except when I'm not" I take it?
    Regardless of exactly how it happened, the money belongs to a customer and not the bank so stop fooling yourself.
  • nzseries1
    Options
    talana wrote: »
    Regardless of exactly how it happened, the money belongs to a customer and not the bank so stop fooling yourself.

The question wasn't "who does the money belong to". The question was "what would you do".

Who the money belongs to is not relevant.
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • cogito
    cogito Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone who kept the money is a common thief. No more, no less.
  • nzseries1
    Options
    cogito wrote: »
    Anyone who kept the money is a common thief. No more, no less.

Perhaps so... but can anyone say they have never ever ever sinned in their entire life? EVER? There may be a few... but I'm betting it's a tiny fraction of the population.

That doesn't make it right, but what's right and wrong is not what the question asked.
  • savagej
    savagej Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Options
    From a law related website:

"
    The offence commited here is "theft by finding" where no complainant is needed. Its a full crime and an arrestable offence.
    A full MG file is required finger print and photograph and dna.
    I have dealt with quite a few theft by findings over the years straightforward enough offence. "
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options
    I was once queueing at a cashpoint, and when it came to be my turn I realised the woman in front had walked off without collecting her £20. I chased her all the way down the street (she had headphones on and seemed to be in a bit of a daydream) to return it, and when I got back the queue (of at least 8 people) was still waiting patiently for me to take my turn. Perhaps modern Britain isn't as bad as the tabloids would have us believe.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • woody01
    woody01 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2009 at 12:19PM
    Options
    I wouldve kept it.

If someone is that blase about leaving £300 behind, they must be pooping money in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure