The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread! Part 4

Options

Comments

115K Posts: 2,678 Forumite
    Options
    I would never have children with both my parents being alcoholics and me being an alcoholic too. I wouldn't like to pass on those genes.:(

I have been doing badly this month. I am having an AF day today though. 5 days AF for me.

I hope everyone is okay. :A I haven't been reading through this thread lately.
    HOUSE MOVE FUND £16,000/ £19,000
    DECLUTTERING 2015 439 ITEMS
    “Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.”
  • TIME2GROWUP_2
    Options
    :D Hello and waves to all...

Its very quiet on here still, which at least means when you pop on you don't have to read pages and pages about feet/nits/food etc.etc...and most people seem very positive this month.. must be scary ym's doing....

Hope everyone is doing ok... September is yet again whizzing past, back in the circle of school/homework/work.. etc... I know they say the years go quicker as you get older.. I'm only 41, they must go in the blink of an eye when your of more mature years...!!! Soon be that time of year that we're not allowed to mention again...!!:j

Anyway enough rambling from me.. jsut wanted to report in nice and early for ym, I will be AF today.. so that's 8 for me thanks. xx

Hugs and love to all. xx
    T2GU
    AFD - J 19 J 11 A 2 S 10 Oct 6 N 0/?
    J GC - £282-47 A - £232-36 - S - £308-93 Oct - £399.34
    MC Hol - £153/551.88 28% PAID!!
    CHRISTMAS 09 - 9 PRESENTS SORTED...
  • GreyPilgrim
    Options
    Got an invite to a friends wedding through the post a few days ago. November 28th. My 100 day alcohol free challenge doesn't end until December 16th...

I'd love to have a drink with him but I'm not going to let this change my mind. I set out with 100 days as a target and I'm going to stick to it.

I've also managed to get first class train tickets down to London on the day (cos it's so far in advance, and cos it's via a work discount scheme, £40 for a return ticket - whoo hoo!!!), where the drinks trolley comes around and they throw free beer at you.

See...these things are sent to tempt us.

Off out on the bike now. Getting very close to my first 1,000 miles...
  • Marru
    Marru Posts: 4,126 Forumite
    edited 16 September 2009 at 7:07PM
    Options
    Hello,

I am on apple juice mixed with soda. Hmmm, not bad but perhaps next time I will try apple juice with sparkling water. Oh and I do have some jaffa cakes as well. :p So that is no 16 for me YM thanks!! I can now identify the time of the day that triggers the bells but if I can just get past that moment (even with the promise of jaffa cakes) then I will start feeling less exhausted and really calm and happy. Some DIY karaoke (with the aid of the internet) has been helping as well for me to chill out.

I got some cognitive therapy this summer and one of the techniques is to include something giving pleasure and something giving sense of achievement into each day. Recently I have been singing again and also I am working towards getting my finances sorted (after 6 month of pretty much ignoring the issue) and boy does these two things in they own ways make me feel so much better, much better than half a litre of sherry do.

So huge thank you for everyone on this thread as without this thread I would not have been this strong and determined. thankyou.gif
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."

• gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening - finally back -I was very busy over the weekend and then had a few problems with the connection but it''s OK now.

I have 3 extra days to add so I think I'm on 9 AFD now YM please.

Angie, that's worrying about the blood tests - is there someone at the surgery who you can discuss the results with and see if there's anything you can do to help your liver heal?
    Trying to keep in budget.

• honeybear_2
    Options
    evening all :)

Apols that my last couple of posts have been v.brief but I've been madly busy.

Am proud that I managed 2 days & was also proud that I only had 2 small glasses after work today, however the bottle in the supermarket scuppered me :o
    @ LBM = £15,872.65, now £10,819.82
    AF Jan = 7/? Feb = 5/14 Mar = 14/20 Apr = 6/14 May = 2/14 June 2/14 July 0/TF Aug 1/TFv Sept 6/TF Oct 4/7
    "NEVER DOUBT YOUR OWN QUALITY"
  • Lurkio
    Lurkio Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    Options
    honeybear wrote: »
    evening all :)

apols that my last couple of posts have been v.brief but i've been madly busy.

Am proud that i managed 2 days & was also proud that i only had 2 small glasses after work today, however the bottle in the supermarket scuppered me :o

:T :T :T :T :T :T

go you!!!

:DNeigh, neigh, and thrice neigh :D
  • honeybear_2
    Options
    Cheers honey & thank you for highlighting the positive bit :D
    @ LBM = £15,872.65, now £10,819.82
    AF Jan = 7/? Feb = 5/14 Mar = 14/20 Apr = 6/14 May = 2/14 June 2/14 July 0/TF Aug 1/TFv Sept 6/TF Oct 4/7
    "NEVER DOUBT YOUR OWN QUALITY"
  • yellowmonkey
    yellowmonkey Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 September 2009 at 9:56AM
    Options
    Updated list folks

Giving up/Cutting down challenge for September

69 Chick...........................2/18
    115K...............................5/No Target
    40somethingmum...............11/20
    BHB.................................4/8 ( 83/125 units )
    budget babe.....................7/20
    Catzpaws...........................8/20
    Cazzamazza......................12/27
    DebtMonkey1A..................0/18
    Different Corner.................15/30
    Esther.................................13/ No target
    fayjmck............................10/30
    fedupandskint....................8/22
    fluffyb.................................5/10
    ForeverHopefull..................6/10
    gargrave50........................0/14
    geranium72.......................2/18 ( 0/ 90 units)
    gien.................................10/25
    Grey Pilgrim......................10/24
    happyshopper....................14/30
    honeybear........................4/15
    IcelandicMaiden.................2/15
    jo1972.............................13/30
    Lurkio..............................13/26
    maman............................3/No target
    Marru..............................16/30
    Marthasdad......................9/20
    miamoo............................1/22
    Miss Piggy........................12/24
    mollypolly.........................10/1...yupi3ti.gif
    mrsdee.............................14/30
    MrsJC..............................16/30
    mumofboys.......................7/20
    mumofseven
    .....................2/10
    Nessa56...........................1/18
    price is right......................12/26
    samandsheryl....................10/30
    snowymalone....................15/21
    SoSadAngel......................16/No target
    stroppy............................3/8
    TIME2GROWUP..................8/15
    Wanna Be Free..................3/12
    winebox...........................3/No target
    yellowmonkey....................15/20

Days pledged.........749
    Actual...................349
    = 46.59%

ym
  • IcelandicMaiden
    Options
    Evening everyone, not been to succesfull recently, hence only 1 day up to today, but AF again tonight so that is 2 days for me today YM.

I was looking at the calender and its 100 days to Christmas Eve,:eek: so I want to set myself a challenge of 100 days AF,:rolleyes: this evening being no 1, so by Christmas Eve I will have done 101 days. I would love your support as this is going to be a mamouth challenge for me, but it will pay for christmas, help my diet, and I so so want to do it.:D

Would love it if anyone wants to join me, it would be good to have a buddy! so how about it, call it our christmas savings plan:T I reckon this could save me at least £300 by xmas.

Would love you to join me, if not words of encouragement would be great.:j:j
    365 AF Day Challenge 32/365:T:j
    WYCP 2010 Challenge Member No 75 - Silver
    1/15 - Wii Game 2/15 3 Remote Control Helicopters 3/15 Fridge/Freezer
    4/15 - Norah Jones CD

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business