The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread! Part 4

Options

Comments

• Marthasdad
    Options
    Afternoon all (just)!

Another AF for me yesterday - so that's 9/20 for me please YM.

Really proud of myself as football was on last night and (as I posted last week) that was always a good excuse for a good old booze-up for me but I resisted again.

Doubly proud as had a really stressful night as our neighbours are away and their son had friends round and all we could hear was shouting, giggling and music all evening - DD got disturbed and now she's well crabby today:mad: If he tries it again I'll :wall:(with HIS head)!!:D

Have a good day all!!:rotfl:
    Amount saved by cutting down on :beer: since 24/08/2009....... :j£81.78:j
  • So_Sad_Angel
    Options
    Hi MD

Well done you.....`AF football` could catch on :D:D:D & £45 saved already & its only half way through the month too! Just shows how much is wasted on the drink

Angex
  • MrsJC_2
    Options
    mrsdee wrote: »
    AF for me yesterday too, so that's 15 for me please YM.
    I must say, I do like this habit of "reporting in" in the morning - it gives me a sense of achievement! How sad am I?!

I feel the same so that's two of us that are sad :rotfl:
  • mrsdee
    mrsdee Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    MrsJC wrote: »

And I think you are on the same amount of AF days as me too...
    (PS are you really married to Jesus Christ?)
    Sick and tired of waking up sick and tired...
    Debt-free, now focussing on being mortgage-free
    MORTGAGE : [STRIKE]Dec 2012 £133,602[/STRIKE]. Dec 2013 £114,092.47 July 2015 £85654
  • Marthasdad
    Options
    MrsJC wrote: »

That'll be 3 then - I actually go to bed thinking "looking forward to reporting in in the morning".

Remember - sad don't make you bad!:D
    Amount saved by cutting down on :beer: since 24/08/2009....... :j£81.78:j
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    YM - you are insane

Hello to the rest of you very good people!
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • ForeverHopeful_3
    Options
    YM~oh for heavens sake, you've done it again :rotfl:Glad I've already eaten my lunch.

Me and best mates from the 1980's have just booked to see Michael Bolton :eek: He's only playing one Scottish date. We're sure he chose here because we were such massive fans back then :D

Not AF last night again. Argued with Mr FH but I swear it was his fault. I took out a fork and knife for myself and didn't for him. So he basically picked an argument out of nowhere. I did remain calm by removing myself to another room. The one beside the kitchen....fridge....you get the idea!

Anywhooo, another day and all that. Taking DS1 to his Tai Kwon Do lessons later so at least that delays proceeding should I hear the bells :cool:

So Sad Angel~i live in fear of those tests, so should get it done. Did you just ask outright for your doctor to do it?

Need to go to the doctor anyway. Think I've got 'Trigger Thumb'. Never heard of it until I looked it up in the tinterweb this morning. It describes my problem exactly. It's bloomin' painful and like having a disability. At least it's on my left thumb. Couldn't pull on my hand brake this morning!

Off to do some work X
    Need to start again :o
  • So_Sad_Angel
    Options

So Sad Angel~i live in fear of those tests, so should get it done. Did you just ask outright for your doctor to do it?

Need to go to the doctor anyway. Think I've got 'Trigger Thumb'. Never heard of it until I looked it up in the tinterweb this morning. It describes my problem exactly. It's bloomin' painful and like having a disability. At least it's on my left thumb. Couldn't pull on my hand brake this morning!

Off to do some work X

Hi FH

I had full bloods etc done for another ongoing problem but I knew that liver function was one of them. I think you can ask for one though. I wonder if they are done also if you want to donate blood?

It has certainly added more resolve to my AF-ness this week.

Never heard of `trigger thumb` before though:confused::confused:sounds painful.

Angiexx
  • mrsdee
    mrsdee Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    mrsdee wrote: »
    AF for me yesterday too, so that's 15 for me please YM.
    I must say, I do like this habit of "reporting in" in the morning - it gives me a sense of achievement! How sad am I?!

Sorry YM, I got that wrong! It's actually 14 for me as I had a glass on Sunday and that's the only day this month that I wasnt AF. thanks.
    Sick and tired of waking up sick and tired...
    Debt-free, now focussing on being mortgage-free
    MORTGAGE : [STRIKE]Dec 2012 £133,602[/STRIKE]. Dec 2013 £114,092.47 July 2015 £85654
  • graemecarter
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone.

:j:jAF day 16 here ! Wow thats very good for me.

Had a full blood thingy test recently...got results yesterday & yes you guessed it `abnormal` very sobering I can tell you. I kind of `knew` that the drink was doing me damage (but as liver damage is `silent` until its too late) I would always think `another day won`t make any difference` trouble is that `another day ` became another week, another month, another year!!

Yet another very good reason to get my alcohol `demons` out of my life for good!!! I feel I am finally getting stronger every day.

Good luck everyone!

Angiexx ( now even more determined that ever!!)

Well done Angie - that's the power of alcoholism. We know it harms us and yet we still persist, ignoring it, and burying our heads in the sand. Looks like you are taking this seriously and are doing everything in your power, which is great.

It is people who are too scared to get tested that I fear for - they must be putting it away, and cannot face stopping so strong is the addiction.
    That's untreated alcoholism for you - people would rather die than stop drinking. This is why it is such a selfish illness - imagine leaving children without a mother or father because you didn't want to stop drinking.

(when I say didn't want to stop drinking, I mean do everything in ones power to stop drinking)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure