Orlando/Disneyworld Thread (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• mdkdue
    mdkdue Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Lynneth wrote: »
    Hi All

Has anyone flown Gatwick to Sanford with Thomas Cook recently? Just wondering what the flight/service/food/entertainment, etc was like. Would appreciate any feedback :D

:j:j:jonly 24 days to go :j:j:j

Hi

We flew with them last Nov from Gatwick. Im afraid to say it wasn't the best experience ever. Not alot of legroom, no 'comforts' on the plane (unlike Thomson who give you a pack with pillow, ear plugs, blanket , headphones etc..). Seat layout was 3/3/3 which i dont like, especially if you are travelling as a couple as it means you always have someone next to you, food was average too. Plus we got charged excess baggage on the way back too, which sucked, but to be honest i think that was more down to the airport than Thomas Cook.

Overall, it wasnt bad, but i have had better, in paticular Thomson, who we went with the year before.

This year we are flying with BA, which should be better.
  • Trillionaire
    Options
    Hi again.

We paid £1290 for flight & car for 2 adults and 1 child age 7.

We are flying with United and leave on 14th December and leave USA 28th and get back to UK 29th Dec.

We have 1 stopover in the USA going and the same coming back. Each stopover is for about 1hr each.
    :j I hope my comment helps :T
  • Trillionaire
    Trillionaire Posts: 372 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Is it worth buying the Florida maps and taking my satnav with me?

Would I be able to plug it into the cigar lighter in my hire car (ie are they standard cigar lighters like the UK)?
  • heartsfanno1
    Options
    Hi I'm going to Orlando with my wife and my parents in October and were getting the Orlando flexi ticket but would like to do a day at disney. were thinking Animal Kingdom for the 1st half and magic kingdom for the 2nd to see the fireworks. I cant seem to find 1 day park hopper tickets on the disney site only expensive 5 day premium tickets.

Does anyone know how much a 1 day park hopper ticket is at the gate?

thanks

Also does anyone know where we can hire a jeep - preferably a Dodge Durango for quite cheap?
  • Trillionaire
    Options
    Yes - ebay!!! I've seen some good deals there from sellers with 100% feedback and a high number of freeback (I'm talking 300+).
  • atro1
    atro1 Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Options
    heartsfanno1
    http://www.usrentacar.com/ for the jeep.
    http://ticketmania.com/store/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart&number_of_uploads=0 for the one day hopper, but it will be about $5 less at the gate.
    I have never brought tickets from Ebay, it would be to risky for me.! The only way you can check them is in Disney centers.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • Trillionaire
    Options
    NickyDee did you try kayak.com?
  • Lynneth
    Lynneth Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Is it worth buying the Florida maps and taking my satnav with me?

Would I be able to plug it into the cigar lighter in my hire car (ie are they standard cigar lighters like the UK)?

Yes, and yes.

But we've found them invaluable bacause 2007 and 2008 were "road trip" holidays.

Back to Florida for 2009:j
  • eripmav
    eripmav Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Or if you can find a Walmart over there when you get the car, buy one of the Satnavs there. Cheaper than buying US maps here by far and you can either then keep it or flog it on Ebay on your return! :)
    Bankrupt 28/07/08!
  • Trillionaire
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business