PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Losing Weight Recipes Collection

Options

Comments

• honey28
    honey28 Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    2 large sweet potatoes
    2 large red peppers
    1 onion
    1-2 stock cubes (to taste)

Chop peppers, onion into small pieces. Saute gently in Fry light. Add to large pan along with 2 pints stock. Add potatoes. Simmer until potatoes are soft. Blend to desired consistency.

Really tasty. Also tasty as a sauce over pasta if you have any left over.

This has negligible syns on a green day - depends on how many stock cubes you use.
  • cotsvale
    cotsvale Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pork tenderloin given the works Serves 3
    Frylight
    2 Tabs Soy Sauce
    2 Tabs fresh orange juice
    ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
    ¼ teaspoon fresh black pepper
    ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
    ¾ lb Pork Tenderloin sliced ¾ inch thick

Spray Pork with Frylight. Mix soy sauce, orange juice, garlic powder, pepper and rosemary in a small bowl. Add pork. Turn pork to coat both sides with marinade. Cover with clingfilm and put in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
    Spray a frying pan with Frylight. Remove pork from marinade; drain well and place in pan. Discard marinade.(However I tend to throw it all in the pan together.)
    Cook pork 8 to 10 minutes, turning several times, or until pork is browned and tender.

I think on Green it’s 1 Hxtra for the meat & free on Red ?? If anyone knows different let me know & I’ll edit it.
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cheekymole wrote:
    8 scan bran
    4 level tbsp nutella
    1 level tbsp syrup
    1 tbsp water

crumble scan bran into a bowl add nutella, syrup and water and mix. Divide into little petit four cases and leave to set in fridge

Should make 30

Total 22 syns on green and red

What is scan bran?
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Scan Bran is like a ryvita available from Holland and Barrett and SW classes but I'm not sure this should be on this board as it is purely for recipes so I will edit my post and add it there and then ask squeaky to remove these to posts.
    I haven't got one!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's OK - it's perfectly reasonable for people to ask questions about a recipe. I'll leave them up until I am sure that they have been seen and answered before removing them from view to keep the collection tidy :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Improved celeriac mash - for red days - 1 Syn for the whole lot

Peel and chop the celeriac into chunks. Boil until soft in water to which you have added lemon juice or a spoon of vinegar. Drain and mash with pepper and low fat natural yoghurt. Stir in 2 rashers of back bacon which you have grilled until crisp and then crumbled, and 3-4 finely chopped spring onions. Spoon into an oven proof dish and sprinkle with 2tsp grated Parmesan. Heat through in the oven for about 20 mins.

I invented this one last night to go with roast chicken and it was really good.
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here is a stuffing I developed lastnight as well which all the family liked.

Sausage stuffing (for chicken or other roast dinners)

2 Sainsbury's BGTY Cumberland sausages (1/2 Syn each - Red)
    2 rashers back bacon
    1 onion
    2 slices wholemeal bread *
    1/2 pack parsley
    1 egg

Whizz the bread and parsley to fine crumbs. Skin the sausages and crumble into the bread. Grill the bacon and finely chop and add to the mix. Finely chop the onion. Put in a pan with a little water and simmer until the onion is soft and the water nearly all gone. Cool and add to the mix. Season well and beat in the egg. Spoon into an oven proof dish and bake for about 1/2 hour.

* - I saved 1/2 slice of bread from my healthy extras (the recipe serves 4). Otherwise you woul have to add 6 Syns to the whole recipe. Also obviously this is a Red day recipe, as the sausages are 4 Syns each on Green and you would have to count the bacon as well.

Enjoy :beer:
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • loopylass30
    loopylass30 Posts: 940 Forumite
    Options
    Chunky Sausage Casserole
    syns per serving = 1.5 syns.

(Serves 4)

1 large onion,
    8oz carrots,
    1tsp dried mixed herbs,
    1/2pt Bovril stock (or an oxo cube @ 1 syn),
    12 Quorn sausages (6 syns?),
    500ml carton passata,
    250gm pack chestnut mushrooms,
    Salt & freshly ground pepper.

Prepare the vegetables; peel & finely chop the onion & peel and slice the carrots. Place the vegs in a large saucepan with the herbs. Add the stock, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for about 5 mins or until vegs are just tender. Remove lid & cook for 2 mins until stock has reduced a little.

Preheat the grill to a hot setting and cook the Quorn sausages as per pack instructions. Remove from grill & cut into chunks.

Transfer the sausages to the vegetable pan and add passata. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for about 5 mins.
    Wipe the mushrooms, cut in half & stir into the casserole along with the salt & pepper to taste. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are tender & cooked through.

Serve immediately on warmed serving plates with green vegs.
    £2 coin savers club = £118
    20p saver club = £275.80 :T yippeeeee
  • Sherratthead
    Options
    Because this seems to have developed into a 'Slimming World' recipe list, I am gonna try and tip the scales back towards MY fave, good old WEIGHT WATCHERS........

so..... here goes........

Red Pepper Lasagne

4 red peppers, halved and de-seeded 0
    1 tbsp olive oil 3
    1 onion, chopped 0
    1 garlic clove, crushed 0
    175g/6 oz mushrooms, sliced 0
    400g/14 oz can chopped tomatoes 0
    2 tbsp fresh basil 0
    25g/1 oz cornflour 1.5
    300ml/1/2 pint skimmed milk 1
    200g/7 oz low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs 5
    6 sheets oven ready lasagne (20g each sheet) 6
    salt and pepper 0

Prep time - 30 mins
    Cooking time - 45 mins
    Freezing recommended :-)

1. Place the peppers skin side up on to a grill rack and grill until skins are blackened. Transfer to a polythene bag and allow to cool. When cool, peel away the skins and slice thinly.

2. Heat the olive oil in a fan and fry the onion and garlic until softened. Add the mushrooms and peppers strips and cook for a further 5 mins. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, seasoning and basil and simmer for 10 mins.

3. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190C/375F. Mix the cornflour with a little of the milk to form a thin paste. Heat the remaining milk until boiling and then pour over the cornflour paste. Mix well and then return to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the soft cheese and stir until the cheese melts into the sauce.

4. To assemble, spoon half of the pepper mixture over the base of a rectangular ovenproof dish and top with 3 sheets of lasagne. Drizzle with half of the sauce. Repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of sauce.

5. Bake for 30 mins until bubbling and golden on top, serve hot.

YUMMY
    Dogs have owners, CATS have STAFF...
  • Sherratthead
    Options
    Middle Eastern Chick Pea Stew (Vegan)

Ingredients

900g/2lb Aubergines, diced into 1/2inch cubes.
    2 large Onions, peeled & chopped.
    3 Garlic Cloves, crushed.
    1 Tsp ground Cumin.
    1 Tsp Ground Coriander.
    1 x 425g/15oz can chopped tomatoes.
    1 x 425g/15oz can Chick Peas, drained.
    Freshly Ground Black Pepper.

Procedure

1) Pre-heat oven to 200c/400F/Gas Mark 6.

2) Dry fry Aubergine & Onion with ground Coriander & Cumin until lightly browned, approx 10mins. Add little water if necessary.

3) Put the Aubergine & Onion mix into a ovenproof dish, with garlic, tomatoes, drained Chick Peas and Pepper. Mix well.

4) Cover & Bake for 40-60 minutes.

Serve with cooked Couscous with chopped fresh Coriander tossed in it. Also great served in a Jacket potato.

Special Notes
    Adjust the amount of Garlic Cloves, Cumin & Coriander to your own liking. Can use Cumin & Coriander seeds instead if you prefer. Re-heats well.

Serving Information
    Serves: 4
    Points per serving: 1.5
    Dogs have owners, CATS have STAFF...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business