My BT line rental is £ 15.45 a month ??!!!

Options

Comments

• Llyllyll
    Options
    Hello BT company representative,

I've PM'd you with a billing query.

Thanks
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have received this months bill and it is £22.06! :eek:

£4.49 (for unlimited evening & weekend plan) for 1st September to 9th September and £15.45 (for unlimited evening & weekend plan) for 10th September to 9th October. £0.73 for reminder call for 1st September to 9th September and £2.50 for reminder call for 10th September to 9th October. One telephone call costing 14p. A credit of £1.25 for paper-free billing.

Does this mean that my BT bill is going to cost £16.70 every month? £15.45 for unlimited evening & weekend plan and £2.50 for reminder call minus £1.25 for paper-free billing? :confused:
  • JustPassingBy
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »

Does this mean that my BT bill is going to cost £16.70 every month? £15.45 for unlimited evening & weekend plan and £2.50 for reminder call minus £1.25 for paper-free billing? :confused:

I would think so. A way to reduce the £15.45 cost is at

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Notice09_boo/sectoc.htm#FrameworkImpl337835
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Jo4

Drop me some details and I'll check this out for you.

Stuart
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Jo4

Drop me some details and I'll check this out for you.

Stuart

I have pm'd you!
  • Ubees
    Ubees Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 September 2009 at 7:59AM
    Options
    Just received my 1st Bill from BT and like others i seem to have been charged £2.95 for the Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan. (I double checked the website to make sure that they said £0 per month)

I guess i just have to sit it out till next month to see if they credit it back to me?

EDIT:

just checked my calling plan online and it states that it is £2.95 a month, but when i ordered online i clicked the £0 per month option (i think)
    Options
    Hi Ubees

Drop me a pm and I'll take a look at it for you.

Stuart
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • sophocha
    Options
    BT`s advertising is deceiving!I did got the Unlimited Evenings and weekends plan for 11.25 (did it online and it didn`t say anything about charging me 15.45 for each month!) F$%^&
  • mountainofdebt
    mountainofdebt Posts: 7,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 September 2009 at 8:52PM
    Options
    ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

Sorry guys I just needed to do that to get the frustration of trying to get some sense out of BT.

I have unlimited evening and unlimited weekend plan and like others have been charged £2.95....no sign of a credit.

Anyway I understood that I was in a contract with BT when my inital one finished in March but when I was asked why I was paying this amount, I was told it was only free for people in a 12 month contract.

When I told the CS (???) adviser I was in a contract, I was told I wasn't hence why I was paying the £2.95.

So does this mean I'm not in a contract or am I?

Update : I rang BT and finally got someone who understood what I was complaining about. Anyway I have agreed to a 12 month Unlimited evening and weekend plan contract and have been refunded 6 months worth of £2.95, which I have paid since I thought I was in a contract with them. Sort of happy with the deal but not happy that it has taken me nearly all evening to get this sorted.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
    Options
    Hi there Mountainofdebt

Sorry to read of the frustration caused, am glad to see that you did get this sorted but am sorry for the problems encountered.

Pm us on here should you encounter any further problems we'll happily jump in to assist.

Stuart
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure