PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread - Monday 6th July

Options

Comments

• tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    The good news is the garage will be picking up the car later to do will need a full respray as whatever it is has taken the paint down to the metal we have a very good idea who it was but have no proof on fri we had to call the police as next door but 2 was firing an air gun which was riccoching over the gardens so i called out i dont know what you are doing but if you dont stop i am calling the police he didnt stop so called police they checked it out and because its an air gun and he has a target in the garden they cant do anything was talking to his next door neighbour and he was saying that he had to cut their leylandi back on his side only couple of days later someone had been in the garden and cut all his flowers and tomatoes wasnt kids as they used seceturs seems if you complain or do anything this is what happens never mind their 2 cockrels barking dog still we are off to get some cameras and stuff from B & Q more expense we could do without but i dont feel too safe at the moment. we havent reported it to the police as there are no witnesses and no prints as it looks like it was done with a brush insurance said not any point
  • LoopyLinz
    LoopyLinz Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Hope you are well. Big ((((((hugs)))))) to all who need them.

Miserable and raining here at the moment, even the dog had to be dragged out this morning! Was supposed to be going into w*rk this morning to meet with my manager about my return to work, I have been off for 8 months, but she sent me a text message an hour before I was due to meet her asking if we could reschedule for tomorrow. :mad: had taken me most of the weekend to prepare myself for going in! Aww well, looks like it will be another sleepless night ahead! Got to go collect my injections from the hospital pharmacy today, have never done it before and have no idea where exactly the pharmacy is in the hospital but well Im sure I will find it!

Number 1 on my OS list today has got to be to clean the floors! My darling little doggie appears to be getting into the habbit of peeing when he is left alone so the floors, especially the kitchen floor seems to be no sooner dry and its got to be washed again! Can anyone suggest anything I can use to wash it as it seems to be costing me a small fortune in floor direct cleaning stuff!

Hoping it will brighten up this afternoon so I can get some washing done. And really got to tackle my mount everest pile of ironing!! Am afraid it is going to fall on me some day and kill me outright!! :rotfl:

Well I suppose none of the above will be done if I sit here much longer!

Hope you all have a great day

Linz xoxox
    Its hard to wait around for that something you know may never happen,but its harder to give up when you know its everything you ever wanted.........

People tell me Im going the wrong way..............when its simply a way of my own!
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Rebecca yay another os bebe :j
    Looby lou - Hope DS is getting on ok, that was a long time wasn't it,
    Where's Ladymay ? did she run off with her new lover :confused::D

Well skipped neighbours and went to toddlers instead :o, on the way home bumped into neighbour next door but one and had a gossip/vent/rant about the battersby's nextdoor, she said if i complain she will back me up as she hears it all too even thought they are not joined. Quick update when i posted the other day saying that it was kicking off.....well a new fridge/freezer arrived the following day and the old one was removed with 3 massive holes in the door :eek:, presumably done with her foot:confused::eek:.

Came back had a ding dong with DH and then bottomed the house, amazing what anger/aggression you can take out with a hoover/cloth in hand ;), Still changed all beds too :T, he's in the garden now boarding out the pigeon loft in the rain :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

Tea tonight will be sirloin thats turning green :rolleyes: with i dunno yet :o

Hope your all having a good day x
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    quite a few OS things at lidl soon click here ....

Was thinking about the food processor :confused:;):D
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • FairyElephant_2
    FairyElephant_2 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    'Afternoon All!

I must do something to jinx computers! Well, internet connections anyhow... As well as the home one, the one in my office is now 'dead' so I have had to drive to another office as they can't replace the modem until Weds or Thurs - AARRGGHH! It is really hot in this office, and I don't have all my files, which is really annoying (but I am not lugging them all over here in the car). Ok the view is better - I can see trees and sky - wow!!!! But I'm happier in my own little 'nest' really.

Thanks so much for all your congrats - I am really touched by your kind wishes and hopes for us, it means a great deal to know that you are thinking of us, and we hope to make you all 'virtual aunties' (or uncles!) in due course!

Oh NPM - sorry that you are still going through the wars with your headaches. Hope you feel better soon Hun.

Hilstep - hope your daughter gets the result she wants (IYSWIM) - she is lucky to have you to support her, and sounds like she is in a good stable relationship, so sure all will turn out OK.

Haribo - had to laugh at your twins sleeping out adventure, thanks for that!

rnshon (Rebecca) - welcome! Am hoping to be in the same position in 8-ish months time. Have wanted to be an OS SAHM for sooo long I just can't wait!

Tired Mum - that is terrible! It makes me so mad that the police can't do anything, and we are at risk of turning into a vigilante society, as people who feel helpless will often end up taking the law into their own hands (not suggesting for a minute that you would do anything of the sort - but I know if it was me that the 'devil on my shoulder' would be nudging me...). Do the 'nasty neighbours' own the house? If it was rented then you might have some other possiblities... Anyhow, hope you get the car sorted and don't get any more trouble from them.

Another Enid Blyton fan here! Am a fanatic reader anyhow and have been since I was little, so read almost anything that comes my way, but all hers were especial faves when I was a kid (and yes - I wanted to go to boarding school! Especially as an only child it sounded so wonderful to be with other girls all the time!). I have kept loads of my books and really hope to have little girl to pass them on to (can't see boys reading the boarding school stuff!).

OS-wise it is still very quiet. I did sort out a couple bags of clothes for charity shop on Sat, and DH filled the car with junk to go to the tip, but I am still trying to rest as much as poss. especially with the heat and the hayfever.

Hope everyone having a good day - (((HUGS))) to all who need/want!

FE
    The best advice you can give your children: "Take responsibility for your own actions...and always Read the Small Print!"
    ..."Mind yer a*se on the step!"
    TTC with FI - RIP my 2 MC Angels - 3rd full ICSI starts May/June 2009 - BFP!!! Please let it be 'third time lucky'..... EDD 7th March 2010.
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Well, DD went to the GP. he hasn't done a test, but examined her, and is sending her to the ante-natal nurse tomorrow, so it looks official:T
    Will get really excited when it's confirmed!

DS is fine, been on the phone twice already today! Don't know why I was so upset!:rotfl:

Tired Mum Horrible people:mad: Some people have no morals. Hope you get your car back soon.

take care all.

I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• hermoine_2
    hermoine_2 Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    MSD
    SW quiche is

Packet of Pasta in Sauce cooked with water untill water is absorbed.

Mix cottage cheese (any flavour) or cream cheese or quark with 4 eggs.

Put pasta in quiche dish and top with the cheese mix.

You can then add anything you like, toms, brocolli, fish, cheese etc.

Depends if you are slimming or not.

Enjoy.

H
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    bargain bird yep liking the food processor too ;) will pop in this week
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon everyone:j:j

well my day is so far going good. The twins have been behaveing themselfs well:T:T And are now having there afternoon nap:T:T thay must be worn out as thay have been asleeep for an hour alredy with no sign of waking up yet that normaly only have about an hour.

Well while the twins have been asleep in been doing my bread pudding. Iv made a large one in our biggest pierex dish. Iv only just put it in the oven.
    Will be looking forward to haveing some for supper later on.

Taplady has your son had any luck finding work?

Well i hope that you are all having a good day.

have fun all:j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    halight wrote: »

Taplady has your son had any luck finding work?

Thanks for asking Halight - yes he has just got a part time job with Cash converters in Worcester and he starts his training next Monday!:j
    Good luck with your own job hunting!
    Do what you love :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family