Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Options

Comments

• Catwoman8950
    Options
    Simply_Me wrote: »
    I think complaints should be made against all the solicitors caught up in this "scam", if for nothing else because they failed in their duty to notify. So who ever was your solicitor or held themselves out to be a solicitor should be reported to the Legal Complaints Service (LCS) and the Solcitors Regulation Authority (SRA). These people cannot be permitted to get away with what has inflicted so much pain and misery on thousands.

On the other hand, I'm starting to feel sorry for some of the people who worked there. My first solicitor lasted 5 months and the second one, about 5 weeks (or less as I was never able to make contact with her after she supposedly returned from "holiday"). It's becoming clear why there was such a huge turnover of staff. I believe it's the Partners who should take most of the blame. Unfortunately on the LCS form you have to complain about your own solicitor rather than the whole firm.
  • Catwoman8950
    Options
    cidermat wrote: »
    Hi

I'm at journalist at BBC Manchester and looking into this case.

If you're trying to get money back and willing to have a chat, then plse contact me at [EMAIL="mat.trewern@bbc.co.uk"]mat.trewern@bbc.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Thanks

Mat

I would like to see the whole lot of them exposed on Watchdog, preferably in the Rogue Traders section, but perhaps it's too late for that :-(
  • distresses
    Options
    I just hope that this doesnt mean the actual partners will get away with this without any blame. They are to blame and should take the consequences. Can you imagine them starting up again... and taking more unsuspecting people through this nightmare!!!
  • Catwoman8950
    Options
    distresses wrote: »
    I just hope that this doesnt mean the actual partners will get away with this without any blame. They are to blame and should take the consequences. Can you imagine them starting up again... and taking more unsuspecting people through this nightmare!!!

If a full SRA intervention has taken place, they will have their licences to practise as solicitors revoked immediately. More details as to what happens when a full SRA intervention has taken place can be found here:

http://www.thesas.org.uk/advice%20areas/interventions.htm
  • moongate
    Options
    Hi All

the receivers are DWF (Davis, Wallace, Foyster) in Manchester and the gentleman who is in charge is Keiran Walsh. I will try to get his number for those of you who are not in the area.

good luck and good to see that the BBC are interested.
  • cakinwande
    cakinwande Posts: 148 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2009 at 8:33PM
    Options
    Information for Kieran Walshe of DWF LLP:

Centurion House, 129 Deansgate, Manchester. 0161 603 5044.
  • Simply_Me_2
    Simply_Me_2 Posts: 106 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2009 at 7:58PM
    Options
    14/12/2009APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, LLP MEMBER BOBBY SHABBIR

07/10/2009APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, LLP MEMBER BILAL KHAWAJA

08/09/2009MEMBER RESIGNED NASIR ILYAS

08/09/2009LLP MEMBER APPOINTED IMRAN HUSSAIN

25/08/2009LLP MEMBER APPOINTED BOBBY NAGHMAN SHABBIR

16/06/2009MEMBER RESIGNED STEVEN CLARKE

16/06/2009MEMBER RESIGNED DAVID BURKE

10/06/2009LLP MEMBER APPOINTED HELEN MURGATROYD

10/06/2009LLP MEMBER APPOINTED BILAL KHAWAJA

09/06/2009MEMBER RESIGNED MATTHEW COLLIE

15/05/2007NEW MEMBER APPOINTED

29/08/2006NEW MEMBER APPOINTED

05/06/2006INCORPORATION DOCUMENT
    CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION

Note the amount of termination/resignations. Interestingly none of those listed above are now registered as being employed elsewhere. The other unique feature of Wolsenhoolmes is that they seemed to appoint newly qualified solicitors to senior posts.
  • Catwoman8950
    Options
    moongate wrote: »
    Hi All

the receivers are DWF (Davis, Wallace, Foyster) in Manchester and the gentleman who is in charge is Keiran Walsh. I will try to get his number for those of you who are not in the area.

good luck and good to see that the BBC are interested.

Details from the Law Society's website and DWF's website are as follows:

DWF LLP
    Centurion House
    129 Deansgate
    Manchester M3 3AA
    Tel: 0161 603 5000
    Fax: 0161 603 5050

Kieran Patrick Walshe - Partner
    Tel: 0161 603 5044
    e-mail: [EMAIL="kieran.walshe@dwf.co.uk"]kieran.walshe@dwf.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • moongate
    Options
    Steven Clarke and David Burke were not in that office as from December 2nd 2008 due to disputes with new owners, they never went back and subsequently retired from Wolstenholmes on 27th February. They then reported issues to SRA from January onwards.
  • cakinwande
    Options
    Just had some GREAT news. Mat from the BBC called me and they are running the story in Manchester tomorrow! I just had to record some information, hopefully this will warn others on the dangers of using conveyancing companies like WH. I hope we can all get our money back and then some. The stress this has caused, unbelievable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure