Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Options

Comments

• Simply_Me_2
    Options
    "Imran has experience in commercial and civil litigation, contractual disputes and professional negligence" Huh he'll need all of his expertise to get him out of this fine mess!!

What we should remember is that he was not the only one behind this "scam" which is what it appears to be now. A well thought out scam to con innocent people out of their hard earned cash and to hide behind an inefficent, incompetent regulator.

If the SRA truly are suppose to act in the public interest and are suppose to be transparent and protect the public then why, why, why did they take so long to act?

Does anyone know who the true owners of Wolstenholmes really is?
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ""If the SRA truly are suppose to act in the public interest and are suppose to be transparent and protect the public then why, why, why did they take so long to act?""

Because although they pay lip service to protecting the public, they are all really laywers themselves and are there to support, supervise and defend their own inferior species

I have very little faith in any form of so-called "regulator" (utilities/telecoms/finance/information, etc ) as:-

1) over time they build up a relationship with the very organisations they are supposed to be regulating. They start to see things from the organisation's point of view, against the interests of those pip squeak demanding "consumers" who seem to plague the organisations despite all of their best efforts and who seem ungrateful that they are receiving any services at all

Organisations invest a lot of time, energy and money cultivating a good relationship with the regulator, gradually getting to understand how the regulator thinks and is likely to respond, in order to ensure they can get away with as much as possible

This is called "regulatory capture"

2) they are funded by levies from the very organisations they are supposed to be regulating. If ever there was a conflict of interest...!!!!!

3) Like the (very misplaced) quote about a teacher being a teacher because they were not good enough to actually excel at the "real" job (not just teaching it) , I suspect that regulators' offices really ARE filled with pretty useless individuals you could not gainfully employ in any field where they could actually add real value to a process

I hope that pointing these things out might explain why nearly all of us seem to have an unsatisfactory experience when we complain to a "regulator"
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    O and

4) Senior people in the regulators' offices are expecting a cushy non executive director post in the big companies once they retire
  • Simply_Me_2
    Options
    Conveyancing Expert is a trade name of Home Solicitors LLP. Amazing anyone having anything to do with Wolstenholmes, i.e Stirling Law Limited and Home Solicitors LLP all have been recently incorporated, September and August 2009 respectively.

I smell a Rat. Hmmm the plot thickens.....
  • KinneyT
    Options
    The SRA have just confirmed that the intervention has taken place and the files are with DWF who are trying to sort them out. I have had conflicting information about whether the bank accounts have been frozen, but the Compensation fund people confirm that their fund should reimburse any money Wolstenholmes were holding but that it will all take time to pick apart.
    Good luck everyone!
  • Catwoman8950
    Options
    cakinwande wrote: »
    Just had some GREAT news. Mat from the BBC called me and they are running the story in Manchester tomorrow! I just had to record some information, hopefully this will warn others on the dangers of using conveyancing companies like WH. I hope we can all get our money back and then some. The stress this has caused, unbelievable.

Can you tell me how, when and where? Is it going to be on TV or Radio?
  • Simply_Me_2
    Options
    I think the particular piece you are interested in will run from about 8am tomorrow, you can either listen to it live or on podcast bbc.co.uk/manchester or set Manchester as your homepage on the BBC website.
  • Catwoman8950
    Options
    I wasn't sure if it was a common name or if it was the same man as the addresses show them all to be in the North of England. I'd hate to have the same name as him right now!

Has anyone else seen his ugly mug on other than the sites below?

http://uk-employmentlaw.co.uk/
    http://www.bestconveyancingquotes.co.uk/index.html
    http://commercialproperty-solicitors.com/index.html - Same address as Wolstenholmes and same solicitors...!
    http://www.litigation-experts.co.uk/aboutus.php
    http://www.gardnerberke.co.uk/index....egal-services/

Yes, it is a fairly common name in Muslim community. There were certainly two different IH's listed on the Law Society's website. I have stored his ugly mug on my computer for future reference icon7.gif

Did you notice on the gardnerberke (Howards Solicitors) website that he trained at DWF LLP? Scary!
  • Catwoman8950
    Options
    Just had some GREAT news. Mat from the BBC called me and they are running the story in Manchester tomorrow! I just had to record some information, hopefully this will warn others on the dangers of using conveyancing companies like WH. I hope we can all get our money back and then some. The stress this has caused, unbelievable.

I received the following e-mail from Mat a few minutes ago:

It will be broadcast on BBC Radio Manchester tomorrow morning between 0700-0900. you can listen live/again at bbc.co.uk/manchester

I'm also doing a piece for Radio 5live breakfast (scheduled at the moment for 0640) but may move.

Not sure about TV interest at the moment - but keep an eye out!!

Mat
  • Atticus70
    Options
    It seems to me this guy imran hussain is getting scape
    goated a bit .
    I never had any problems with him.
    Could he have been ill or something and taken
    advantage of?
    A:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories