Anyone know how to find out scheduled flight times for 3 weeks time?

Options
Does anyone know how I can find out whether a flight that I booked onto has been changed, or whether it will still be flying (it is in 3 weeks time)

I booked a flight in January at 0930 outbound and return at 1450 - they have send me tickets with a note saying that the flights have been changed to 0700 outbound and 1245 return.

I am not happy at all as this changes all our plans - when I made the booking I paid more for the flights at the times I chose than I would have if I had booked on to the earlier flights - they have not offered me any money back! also we will have to stay over at the airport now - which we were trying to avoid by going on the flight we booked! coming back it means that we will have to rush in the morning - again, something we believed we were paying more for to avoid.

Nobody is answering their phones (either Airflights or Thomas Cook) so I dont know how to find out.

Anyone?

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try an on line dummy booking?

But the change is nowhere near big enough to warrant any financial adjustment or free cancellation, unfortunately
  • delwynshd
    delwynshd Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    Options
    who has made the flight change thomas cook?

thomas cook is charter so you wont be able to do anything about this change
    I am a Travel Agent

My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • Lifeisbutadream
    Lifeisbutadream Posts: 13,102 Forumite
    Options
    dzug1 wrote: »
    Try an on line dummy booking?

But the change is nowhere near big enough to warrant any financial adjustment or free cancellation, unfortunately

I tried that but knew there were no more places on the flight that we had because we tried to add another person a couple of months ago, it is just shoing no flights.

When I first booked, the flight at 7am was £1200 for the 4 of us and the flight at 930am was £1400 - I do not understand how they can change my flight and not give me the difference - we paid the extra to get a better time.

Also, if the first flight is still flying, I want to be on it! I dont want to go in the middle of the night!
  • Lifeisbutadream
    Options
    who has made the flight change thomas cook?

thomas cook is charter so you wont be able to do anything about this change

I dont know - I cant get hold of anyone to find out - I was holding for 45 minutes then half an hour earlier today. I just wondered whether there was a way to find out whether the 930am flight is still fyling, or whether it has been cancelled altogether (which I think unlikely as it was full a couple of months ago)
  • delwynshd
    delwynshd Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    Options
    post the details of when you flight is travelling

what airport

what times etc etc

I will see if i can have a look
    I am a Travel Agent

My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    2 and a half hours earlier, isn't the middle of the night. 7am is a perfectly normal time of the morning.

If they had moved the flight by more than 6 hours earlier, then you could complain. Think about it, 7am, the airport will be quieter, and it will be quicker to get through security. Just time it so you get to the airport when the check in desk opens, and you'll have no problems. You can probably even allow 30 mins less by not having to queue as much at security.

Mountain out of a molehill to be honest.

All scheduled airlines publish their timetables on their websites. If it is a charter flight, then it's a totally different kettle of fish!

M
  • bryanb
    bryanb Posts: 4,994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 June 2009 at 8:32PM
    Options
    markymoo wrote: »
    2 and a half hours earlier, isn't the middle of the night. 7am is a perfectly normal time of the morning.

If they had moved the flight by more than 6 hours earlier, then you could complain. Think about it, 7am, the airport will be quieter, and it will be quicker to get through security. Just time it so you get to the airport when the check in desk opens, and you'll have no problems. You can probably even allow 30 mins less by not having to queue as much at security.

All scheduled airlines publish their timetables on their websites. If it is a charter flight, then it's a totally different kettle of fish!

M
    You are ignoring the fact that the OP paid £200 extra for this time. See post 4
    This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Its a charter flight, you will not get anything for this change, not even the right to cancel.

If you booked through Airflights, they sell a lot of different charter flights, the flight at 7am may not even have been a Thomas Cook flight, may have been Thomson, Monarch, anyone.

Thomas Cook have moved your flight to 7am. It may be frustrating for you, but under the terms and conditions of your booking, they are within their rights.
  • Lifeisbutadream
    Options
    markymoo wrote: »

M

We travel to the same place every year and we always pay extra to go at specific times. 7am may not be the middle of the night to you, but with two young children, and living 2 hours from the airport, it is more than a 'slight' inconvenience. As I have said I paid extra to go on the 930am flight, not the 7am flight.

I travel enough to know what is convenient and what is not, but thanks for your input telling me I am making a mountain out of a molehill! :rolleyes:
  • Lifeisbutadream
    Options
    bagand96 wrote: »
    Thomas Cook have moved your flight to 7am. It may be frustrating for you, but under the terms and conditions of your booking, they are within their rights.

How do you know that they have moved the flight? :confused:

My question was how can I find out this information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure