Complaint to ASA re BT `Broadband`.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
9 replies 774 views
cootambearcootambear Forumite
1.5K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Below is the text of the complaint I made to the Advertising Standards Agency. Theres a link below if you feel you have a complaint.

The advertisement advertised BT Broadband with the slogan `Stay Connected`.
As a six month customer of BT Broadband I can testify that the service I have received has dropped for many days at a time wholely, or for many hours in any 24 hour period. I currently have a fault logged 3 days ago that has not been corrected, I can only use the Broadband now with the telephone receiver off the hook. My experince is that I do not `stay connected` to this service therefore the advert is misleading.
Secondly, even when I receive a service I only achieve 100kps, not much above the old dial up modem speed. Therefore, to describe this as `Broadband` is also misleading.
Thank you for your time.

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/complaints_form/
Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2 = 4 (George Orwell, 1984).

(I desire) ‘a great production that will supply all, and more than all the people can consume’,

(Sylvia Pankhurst).

Replies

• 456789456789 Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    also their assertion that their hub is better at staying connected than other routers/companies is baseless too

just because it has n doesn't mean much as most people don't have n devices

I hate them!! :p
  • cootambearcootambear Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    456789 wrote: »
    also their assertion that their hub is better at staying connected than other routers/companies is baseless too

just because it has n doesn't mean much as most people don't have n devices

I hate them!! :p

I hate them more than you ;)

(I desire) ‘a great production that will supply all, and more than all the people can consume’,

(Sylvia Pankhurst).
  • DatabaseErrorDatabaseError Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    cootambear wrote: »
    .... I can only use the Broadband now with the telephone receiver off the hook.
    Secondly, even when I receive a service I only achieve 100kps, not much above the old dial up modem speed. Therefore, to describe this as `Broadband` is also misleading. ...

I'm guessing you've already done the usual tests on your side of the line (which you are responsible for)....especially changing the filters (as a dodgy filter would possibly explain the problem)
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • I'm guessing you've already done the usual tests on your side of the line (which you are responsible for)....especially changing the filters (as a dodgy filter would possibly explain the problem)

thats what i am thinking.
    Not Again
  • BT_company_representativeBT_company_representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    1.9K Posts
    Hi Cootambear,

Ouch, I know how no broadband connection can hurt. I can lend a hand with the fault if you would like?

Cheers

Craig
    BT Support
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    1.5K Posts
    I'm guessing you've already done the usual tests on your side of the line (which you are responsible for)....especially changing the filters (as a dodgy filter would possibly explain the problem)

Yes, during the first round of faults they sent new filters, made me unscrew the panel off the box, go through hour long scripts, new hub, basically exhausted everything bar sending around an engineer who (albeit for a couple of months), fixed the problem.

(Sylvia Pankhurst).
    1.5K Posts
    Hi Cootambear,

Ouch, I know how no broadband connection can hurt. I can lend a hand with the fault if you would like?

Cheers

Craig
    BT Support

Yes please. I`ll PM you me telephone number.

(Sylvia Pankhurst).
  • 456789456789 Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Hi Cootambear,

Cheers

Craig
    BT Support
    can you get BT to stop those annoying adverts?
    1.5K Posts
    I dont mind them advertising, I just think its misleading.

If they said `sign up with us for a spotty, slow connection and look forward to spending hours going though the same script every day to a call centre who dont fix your problem` then it would reflect the service I`ve received.

catchy slogan, eh?

(Sylvia Pankhurst).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals