PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What options do we have to get to completion?

Options

Comments

• clairehi
    clairehi Posts: 1,352 Forumite
    Options
    Doozergirl wrote:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

:beer: Congratulations robwend! :T

Choose your biscuit!

:D

Congratulations from me too!

looks like Ill have to get in the jammy dodgers myself...ah well.

just spoke to my solicitor, they have been chasing the other side for exchange all morning. but they are not taking their calls! Im getting worried now!

EA is off sick today, her colleague is out on a viewing til 12.30. aarrghhh!
  • robwend
    robwend Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    Options
    thanks guys il have a chocolate one please!!!i have just spend the last 2 hours on the damm phone cancelling direct debits lol i thought it was plain sailing from here on lol. and claire hold on in there!!!! it will be soon
    You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on
  • madfrenchgirl
    madfrenchgirl Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Options
    very happy for you guys!

BF has just phoned EA, turnd out that now the vendors have shaken up their asses and sent the paperwork to their sollic... why now? we havent renegotiated the prices yet...

feels like those people dont make any sense!
    "Don't cry, Don't Raise your Eye
    It's only teenage wasteland"
    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
    RIP John Entwistle
  • clairehi
    Options
    robwend wrote:
    thanks guys il have a chocolate one please!!!i have just spend the last 2 hours on the damm phone cancelling direct debits lol i thought it was plain sailing from here on lol. and claire hold on in there!!!! it will be soon

hi.

I am going mad here waiting! cant concentrate on work which is why Ive been on here half the day.

just phoned solicitor - they have still not heard back from the vendor's solicitor.

just phoned EA. the woman I spoke to this morning who was going to chase the other side finished work at 1pm today and left without calling me back!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are nearly exchanged, I just had to chase the mortgage company, and now the vendors solicitor is at lunch!
  • clairehi
    Options
    Keith wrote:
    We are nearly exchanged, I just had to chase the mortgage company, and now the vendors solicitor is at lunch!

lunch! whats that??? they are having a laugh arent they. I thought solicitors didnt do anything they couldnt bill for?

good luck with exchanging today/completing Friday, youre not wasting any time are you!

looks like Im getting the wooden spoon today :-(
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    clairehi wrote:
    just phoned EA. the woman I spoke to this morning who was going to chase the other side finished work at 1pm today and left without calling me back!

It's getting late in the day now! A simple phonecall from your vendor to their solictor will be enough to either put a rocket up their wotsit, or at least explain what the delay is.

There is someone at the EA office who has access to your vendor's telephone number. I'd get on the phone to the EA now and refuse to put the phone down until they call your vendor. Some people just don't know the meaning of the word proactive and have obviously never been in the same situation themselves. They've only got to relay a message! :wall:
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • clairehi
    Options
    yes I have just done that great minds think alike!

will give the EA 30 mins to contact them and then call back.

wish Id thought of it at 11 am though!
  • clairehi
    Options
    we have xchanged - yea!

cant believe this, I have been chasing this for weeks. my DH got p*ed off- put in one call to the solicitor and exchange happened 10 mins later. gah!
  • robwend
    robwend Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    Options
    wooopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee well done and congrats!!! now its all that ringing around
    You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport