Passport Interview - What Questions do they Ask?

Options

Comments

• KKK79
    Options
    pimento wrote: »
    Does anyone know if anyone has ever been turned down after an interview?

Just curious. I've had a passport since Adam was a lad.

Nice Forums.. Here is what i found to answer your question and 100s of other concerned people.

since i am first time user its not allowing me to post links.. This is from dailymail website

" The Government introduced the scheme in the summer last year as part of efforts to weed out dodgy candidates. So far it has cost about £115m to set up and run.
    But although 216,581 people attended the question and answer sessions in the 12 months to this July, none had their cases thrown out.
    Senior Lib Dem Lord Roberts of Llandudno, who obtained the figures, said they demonstrated the scheme was "clearly ill thought out and incomplete".
    He said: 'They have not achieved what they were supposed to do,' he said.
    'There have been over 200,000 interviews and zero rejections. What is the point of them?
    'The millions of pounds spent on this project was a total waste of money.' "

So people take a chill pill :) it would also help if they say "document checking" instead of Interview it may help a lot of people from getting nervous.
  • alimhuma
    Options
    Kindly can anyone tell me about what questions can asked for UK Passport interview as I am nervious.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    alimhuma wrote: »
    Kindly can anyone tell me about what questions can asked for UK Passport interview as I am nervious.

Welcome to the forum.

Have you actually read through this thread?
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    To be honest, if you have to ask what questions are asked for a UK passport, should you really be applying?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be honest, if you have to ask what questions are asked for a UK passport, should you really be applying?

Ask 90% of people who have a british passport and I am sure that they wont know the kinds of questions asked - the probably dont even know an interview exists.

Read this thread and the immigration board, there are lots of examples of questions that are asked. Most of them are very simple questions about you and your daily life. Some of them are truly to judge your identity (eg what's your mothers maiden name) and others are much more general and just to get a general perception of if your lying or not (eg which supermarket do you shop in).

You generally dont really need to worry about it at all, just if a partner "does everything for you" it is worth knowing the basics like if your mobiles on contract or PAYG and who your bank is etc (I know some housewives/ husbands how wouldnt know this).

Look at http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201212/ldhansrd/text/120213w0001.htm#1202135000547

5 people have actually failed the interview in 2 years.... its not difficult
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Surely if you are legitimately applying for a British Passport, then you should be able to answer any questions - because the questions are there purely to find out if you are entitled to a British Passport.

I am watching this carefully and hoping people to not start asking for interpreters at these interviews - and if they do I hope they get refused the interpreter and the passport.
  • smudge56
    smudge56 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Interpreters are provided if the applicants cannot conduct the interview in English
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    No wonder so few fail - surely if someone wants a British passport they really ought to learn English!!!!!!
  • m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    Options
    do they check the applications before the interview stage anyone know?

missus had her letter to book an appointment come through yesterday so that mean the photos etc have been passed i wonder.
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    m00nie wrote: »
    do they check the applications before the interview stage anyone know?

Most report their passport is printed the same or next day to their interview which would suggest that little goes on between them OK'ing you at the interview and the passport being generated.

I would guess they have all the basic checks done before the interview is called but have only anecdotal evidence to this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure