PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Frozen yoghurt

Options

Comments

• thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I frequently freeze half a small pot of natural yogurt to use later as a starter for hm yogurt. While it works fine in the yogurt when it comes out of the freezer it is solid. So, I think the answer to your interesting question is no. Sorry :)
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I often put yoghurt in the freezer, obviously when you get them out there a frozen block but like getting anything else out the freezer you're not going to eat it right away (except maybe ice cream).
    You buy more than you need today, they go in the freezer, and you get them out a day before you want them.
    They'll be fine.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • LooniesMum
    Options
    We freeze yoghurts all the time, especially when petit filous is on BOGOF. They never get chance to defrost though - everyone likes eating them frozen (same as a Frube basically) !
  • janeym8
    janeym8 Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    when ive frozen pots before they are so frozen they are awful-i know that sounds strange but they go tasteless and kind of watery.
    if you only put them in freezer for about 30 mins they are lovely so doesnt really help with getting a load when they are reduced

jane xxx
    LIFE IS FOR LIVING-I`VE LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY
  • Confuzzled
    Confuzzled Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    something you could try is to mash up ripe bananas and mix in the yogurt you want to freeze. freeze in small portions or in an ice cube tray (just be sure to pop them out when frozen and store in an airtight tub or plastic bag) these are sooo nice they taste a lot like ice cream to be honest and are great if you're slimming

if you stir the yogurt several times whilst it's freezing it should also help improve the texture as it will keep it from forming huge ice crystals.
  • coraline_2
    Options
    Often when you freeze pot yogs the yogurt expands, forcing off the plastic lid/cover (can't think what to call it! the top bit!) so they aren't very long lasting, or any use to take out of the house, whether or not they taste nice! I've had mixed results with freezing them recently - tesco value fruit yogurts (29p for 4) were fine, but the value natural yogurt separated into water and cheese!
    Good luck with whatever you try! :D
  • babyshoes
    babyshoes Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would say try it - it won't taste like the frozen yoghurt you get from a machine, but you may like it all the same!
    Trust me - I'm NOT a doctor!
  • charliee_3
    Options
    everything you ever wanted to know about frozen yoghurt!!

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-2/Frozen-Yogurt.html
  • Little_Vics
    Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Options
    thanks! Glad it wasn't a stupid question!
  • foxybabe
    Options
    Following on from the ice cream maker thread, I have used it to make a raspberry frozen yoghurt using the recipe in the manual. It is delicious and I want to experiment with more. Do any of you have any recipes.

Many thanks.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport