Sainsburys basic curry sauce now 7p!

Options

Comments

• smeeinnit
    smeeinnit Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I snapped up the last 3 jars on the shelf for 4p today - well pleased!
    Let's get ready to bumble! :rotfl:
  • barneydee_2
    barneydee_2 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    well I got a couple of jars a couple of weeks ago, did not tell other half it was only 4p he liked it will def stock up on it(i work at sainsbugs and it is still 4p) I am going to use it again to night with left over chicken, rice, naan breads. Plus the jars will be saved for making chutneys and pickles for Christmas:D

Dee
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • freezspirit
    freezspirit Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got the last 2 jars on the shelf in my local. I overheard staff talking while restocking the aisle that the reorder was on hold as it might be going up in price or that there might be another curry brand on offer in the next couple of weeks so they might need the extra space on the shelf.

I've never used it before but from reading others I have 2 chicken options add vegetables or pineapple. I know this sounds like a daft question but could I use prawns or other meats like pork or lamb instead of chicken?
  • rsykes2000
    rsykes2000 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got the last 2 jars on the shelf in my local. I overheard staff talking while restocking the aisle that the reorder was on hold as it might be going up in price or that there might be another curry brand on offer in the next couple of weeks so they might need the extra space on the shelf.

I've never used it before but from reading others I have 2 chicken options add vegetables or pineapple. I know this sounds like a daft question but could I use prawns or other meats like pork or lamb instead of chicken?

You can use whatever you want in it, providing you at least part-cook if not fully cook the meat first. Fish, prawns, lamb, mutton, goat, chicken, pork (obviously not a traditional curry meat !), vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, onions, all kinds of peas and beans), etc etc. You're really only limited by your imagination.
  • FarleyFlavors
    Options
    rsykes2000 wrote: »
    pork (obviously not a traditional curry meat!)

Sorry to be pedantic, but vindaloo is traditionally made with pork !
  • mizzbiz
    mizzbiz Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    Bought a few jars of this @4p each to try before we stock up. Have to say, this is a winner. Made a lovely veggie curry with Natral Yoghurt and it was sublime. DH said it was the best veggie curry he's ever had.

So I can now vouch for this, it's lovely.
    I'll have some cheese please, bob.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, this thread is really good if you're looking for ideas on recipes for this sauce :-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1182869&highlight=basic+sauce

I found the sauce a little mild so am going to read through this to see how people spiced it up abit :p thought you might help others too..
  • milliemonster
    milliemonster Posts: 3,708 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Bought 4 cans of Tescos curry sauce yesterday at 4p a can, god knows what its like but will try it later this week!
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    Bought 4 cans of Tescos curry sauce yesterday at 4p a can, god knows what its like but will try it later this week!
    it tastes like the sauce you get from the chip shop
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Cheekyc wrote: »
    Mmmm, had some Morrissons curry sauce last night - nice! Just like the stuff from the Chinese takeaway. Only 9p when I got it - would deffo buy again.

I agree - just went down very nicely with some half price M&S chicken.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure