You have not been scammed/ripped off by Ryanair if...

Options

Comments

• bob4jane
    bob4jane Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    The top tips are very useful, I've successfully used priority booking and I'm now scared about the bus scenario... hadn't thought of that that before. Eek!
    I better sharpen my elbows.
    (Anyone know if a bus is used at Stanstead, and at Altenburg?)

Anyway, as well as the useful tips, the whole thread is fascinating, especially the little fight. It's like Eastenders or something.

Flying to Berlin early Saturday morning... Quick question:
    I've printed my online check-in business, and I have no cabin luggage to check, so can I simply walk straight to the security, into the departure lounge when I arrive at Stanstead? Or do I need to do anything else?
    "Money is the root of all evil" -Poor person.
    "Money makes the world go round" - Rich Person.
    "Lack of money is the root of all evil" - (c) Me.
  • alwaysskint96
    alwaysskint96 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    bob4jane wrote: »
    The top tips are very useful, I've successfully used priority booking and I'm now scared about the bus scenario... hadn't thought of that that before. Eek!
    I better sharpen my elbows.
    (Anyone know if a bus is used at Stanstead, and at Altenburg?)

Anyway, as well as the useful tips, the whole thread is fascinating, especially the little fight. It's like Eastenders or something.

Flying to Berlin early Saturday morning... Quick question:
    I've printed my online check-in business, and I have no cabin luggage to check, so can I simply walk straight to the security, into the departure lounge when I arrive at Stanstead? Or do I need to do anything else?

yes head straight for security and through to departures
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yes head straight for security and through to departures

As long as you have an EU/EEA passport or ID card.
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    As long as you have an EU/EEA passport or ID card.

Wrong. Bookings made after a certain date mean that any passport or EU ID card is fine.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • fifeken
    Options
    Non EU passengers must go to the document check desk to have their documents stamped before going to security irrespective of when they booked their flight.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=chk&quest=whoco
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    Non EU passengers must go to the document check desk to have their documents stamped before going to security irrespective of when they booked their flight.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=chk&quest=whoco

Interesting. Ryanair certainly haven't implemented such 'desks' throughout their network.

Savvy move however - it'll allow them to make sure that people flying will get into the country that they intend to fly to.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
  • fifeken
    Options
    It's not a new desk as such - you just go to the counter where they take the money for excess luggage etc and the people there check the documents.
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    It's not a new desk as such - you just go to the counter where they take the money for excess luggage etc and the people there check the documents.

Aha, got it. It's another tip to add, thanks!
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
  • Mostly_harmless_3
    Options
    I appreciate the top tips, thanks and have followed them, but...
    I've just done my online check in with a tired brain and appear to have entered my passport expiry date incorrectly, so on the boarding pass it gives the correct year of expiry, but incorrect day and month...I'm feeling really cross with myself but very keen not to have to pay the £40 fee x2 to check in at the airport for such a minor error. Has anyone any advice? How crucial is it to have the passport expiry date right on the boarding pass? Has anyone had a similar situation and/or managed to travel without getting it changed? I've read through all the relevant posts I could find, but no-one has addressed this specific issue. Can anyone help, please? (I've got 8 days until departure, so time to rectify things if possible). Thanks in advance...
  • peterbaker
    peterbaker Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    edited 12 July 2009 at 10:00PM
    Options
    Serious question (s) please ... carefully crafted responses gratefully received :D .....

Those of you who have been around MSE long enough will know that I have had a love hate relationship with the subject airline for longer than most :p, and that as such I am as seasoned a lo-cost traveller as most. So naturally, I smiled sweetly at PBS's work of art in the original post :rolleyes:

But even with my own well-worn clever-!!!!!! hat on, I don't know the answer to this one:

Booked flights with bags for summer well in advance of the new online only check-in changeover date. So I guess the first few of my questions are about transitional arrangements.

Travelling out of Stansted and back from Palma.

Never had to use the new online bag check-in pods before at Stansted because since they were installed I simply have not needed to use them. But now, ...

Apart from being aware that the new bag drop queues can be horrendous, what's the procedure for someone like me commencing with:

A. Do I need to do anything online before I get to the airport apart from the Advance Passenger Info routine for Spain (already done that bit) ?

and then

B. Will my booking reference be recognised at one of the check-in pods, or do I need to go to a Ryanair Info Desk first?

C. If answer to B. is Yes, then what will I get at the check-in pod?

D. If answer to B. is No, then now what?

E. Is there a single queue at Stansted for Bag Drop, or do I choose any? Is one end better than the other generally? How many desks do they have open when busy? Are they all in one bank up around where J used to be?

F. And will it be any different when coming back from Palma?

PS As someone who has never before in 9 years turned up much more than 90 minutes before flight time with bags or not, just how much before my Saturday tea time flight to Palma should I plan to arrive and attach myself to the tail end of the bag drop queue(s)?

PPS And how long before a Sunday mid afternoon flight back from Palma would you experts recommend I aim to arrive inside the terminal when coming back?

Muchas gracias in anticipationos of your finely tuned responses :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport