You have not been scammed/ripped off by Ryanair if...

Options

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone see Mock The Week on BBc this week? I forget the name of the comedian but it went along these lines....

"I'd love to be a barman the day michael O'leary comes in looking for a drink...

You would like a pint Michael, of course, that would be 49p...

Yes it does appear to be cheap; the glass will cost you £2

What? You would like a head on your pint :p that costs a £1

What gave you the impression the pint would cost you £3.49; did you not book your pint online........"

Made me chuckle anyway....
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    Some new material has been added.

I've got a feeling that Ryanair RIPOFF SCAM season is upon us and lots of new material should be provided...
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • Chester85
    Options
    May I use this thread to point out the Paul Kilduff books on travels with Ryanair (Ruinair, Ruainarski)

Cheaply available and a real love hate relationship with Ryanair and O'Leary. The message inside the book is pretty clear, does what it says on the tin
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some new material has been added.

I've got a feeling that Ryanair RIPOFF SCAM season is upon us and lots of new material should be provided...

Does look like the "silly season" is back with a vengeance, loved the "computer savvy" guy that had "scrutinised" his paperwork but didn't realise he had to check-in for the return flight. Of course it wasn't HIS fault.
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    pompeyrich wrote: »
    Does look like the "silly season" is back with a vengeance, loved the "computer savvy" guy that had "scrutinised" his paperwork but didn't realise he had to check-in for the return flight. Of course it wasn't HIS fault.

I loved that as well, particularly as the sensible thing to do would have been to enquire at the arrival airport if you were uncertain. Despite what people claim, Ryanair's representatives at airports tend to be quite friendly and approachable if you ask them something without resorting to shouting RIPOFF SCAM at the top of your voice.

Actually, that's another top tip, thanks for the inspiration :)
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
  • kaisertwo
    Options
    Hello all

Great thread and some very useful information.

With regards to dropping off your bags for the hold, having already checked in online and having printed my boarding passes, I take it there is no label or anything I should have printed to go on my checked bag?
    I'm guessing the staff at the Bag Drop Off point label the bags themselves, as per normal procedure with airport check in?
    Silly question perhaps but better to ask now than be disappointed.

Thank you
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    Sensible to ask in advance, yep :)

Yes, at the bag drop off point, they'll handle the printing of the labels themselves. I'd recommend that you go to the airport 2-3 hours in advance of the flight if you're flying from a popular place at a busy time as. Definitely don't leave it till the last minute - you have to 'drop' the bags no more than 40 minutes before the flight.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
  • kaisertwo
    Options
    Thanks very much PolishBigSpender. Set my mind at ease, cheers.
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    kaisertwo wrote: »
    Thanks very much PolishBigSpender. Set my mind at ease, cheers.

No problem :) If you've got any questions at all, come back and ask them before you travel - no matter how stupid, it's better to ask than to get it wrong :)
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
  • MaxTheDog_2
    Options
    Think i've been a victim of a new RIPOFF SCAM thats not listed?

I live 2mins from the airport, just purchased some Ryanair 1p all-in flights, unfortuantley Ryanair dont fly from my local airport (Cardiff) so these flights are from Bristol, so now due to Ryanairs failure to fly from Cardiff, I will be subject to parking and petrol expenses. Surely this most be solely Ryanairs fault for not flying from every airport in the world ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure