Tesco Credit Card - I don't understand their website!

Options
Sparky67
Sparky67 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I currently use a Sainsbury credit card (from my pre-MSE days) for day to day spending, paid off in full each month, hence no worries about interest rates etc, used it for convenience of collecting Nectar points.

However, now realise that what I get back is pants (although is money for nothing and have just got new furniture for my living room from Argos paid for by Nectar!)

I also have a Tesco card with a 0% balance transfer on it, but this is about to come to an end, so I was then considering switching my day to day spending to this card, to get Clubcard Deals, because you get a lot more for your points (I subscribe to runners world magazine, and its abot £26.00 pa cash, or equavelant to £10.80 Deal points, or about £40 of Nectar points - no genius to see which is the better deal here!!)

Anyway, back to the point - my one quibble with Tescos (but it is a big one), is their credit card website - its PANTS!! Unless I'm missing something, I have to say this is the poorest credit card website I have seen (my OH uses it), and all you get is an overall balance. There is no way to check transactions on-line - I do like to keep an eye on whats going on and its just impossible with this one. Every other card I've used gives you a full breakdown....

My question is - am I missing something and the facility is there, or is this just the most pants credit card website ever????

(and just in case anyone wants to suggest better cashback cards etc, we are currently maxed out on tarting and don't want to apply for anything new at the moment)

Comments

• Mikey_Freedom
    Options
    Would have to agree with that, I have the same Tesco credit card and the website is definitely the worst I've seen as well... you can only check your current balance and nothing else at all!

One good point for the card is they have a 7.9% balance transfer for life offer after your 0% runs out (which mine just has). This obviously isn't the best rate on the market but has been useful for me as I got rejected for various others advertising lower interest rates.
  • iamchrisli
    iamchrisli Posts: 255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am quite surprised to hear what the above two saying about the Tesco CC site.

I have Tesco CC too, but in my online banking area, i can check my recent transcations back up to three months, with the overall balance.
    Spend smart, and save more.
  • djl
    djl Posts: 11,961 Forumite
    Options
    Sparky67 wrote:
    I currently use a Sainsbury credit card (from my pre-MSE days) for day to day spending, paid off in full each month, hence no worries about interest rates etc, used it for convenience of collecting Nectar points.

However, now realise that what I get back is pants (although is money for nothing and have just got new furniture for my living room from Argos paid for by Nectar!)

I also have a Tesco card with a 0% balance transfer on it, but this is about to come to an end, so I was then considering switching my day to day spending to this card, to get Clubcard Deals, because you get a lot more for your points (I subscribe to runners world magazine, and its abot £26.00 pa cash, or equavelant to £10.80 Deal points, or about £40 of Nectar points - no genius to see which is the better deal here!!)

Anyway, back to the point - my one quibble with Tescos (but it is a big one), is their credit card website - its PANTS!! Unless I'm missing something, I have to say this is the poorest credit card website I have seen (my OH uses it), and all you get is an overall balance. There is no way to check transactions on-line - I do like to keep an eye on whats going on and its just impossible with this one. Every other card I've used gives you a full breakdown....

My question is - am I missing something and the facility is there, or is this just the most pants credit card website ever????

(and just in case anyone wants to suggest better cashback cards etc, we are currently maxed out on tarting and don't want to apply for anything new at the moment)

i agree the tesco creditcard website is as good as useless :mad:
    2015 wins £4.00 not mse:(
    2014 £44.00:mad:2013 £83.00 2012 £601.50
    2011 £1554.50 2010 £698.00 2009 £2793.00
    2008 £2816.00 2007 £1034.00
  • Mikey_Freedom
    Options
    iamchrisli wrote:

I have Tesco CC too, but in my online banking area, i can check my recent transcations back up to three months, with the overall balance.

Maybe there is something all the rest of us are missing on the website then?!
    Where do you click to find your recent transactions?
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    Options
    You can see more detail if you have another Tesco financial account of some kind...like a savings account etc.

If not...no detail I'm afraid. Just the balance.

I've been complaining forever but they just fob me off. Might make a difference if everyone complained.

It's unbelievably poor.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hmmm I've been thinking of applying for the tesco card (for the points mainly... figure I might as well get Clubcard points when I spend money anyway :)) but I MUST be able to see the details online or I won't even thiking of considering it! Since being MSE'd I couldn't imagine living without the ability to always see my account details :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    open a Tesco savings account, deposit £1, you can then view all transactions as soon as they appear on the Tesco's card, can download statements, can change the time frame of transactions you want to see(i.e. 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, everything since you last looked)
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks like they are launching 2 new credit card products on the 5th of April and until then you can't apply for their credit card online... Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens ;)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • carl310166
    carl310166 Posts: 747 Forumite
    Options
    iamchrisli wrote:

I agree,it's the same for me.
    Sponsored by Tesco Clubcard Points !!
  • Sparky67
    Sparky67 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    Woby_Tide wrote:
    open a Tesco savings account, deposit £1, you can then view all transactions as soon as they appear on the Tesco's card, can download statements, can change the time frame of transactions you want to see(i.e. 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, everything since you last looked)

So, if I open a Tesco savings account, I will not only get on-line banking access to that, but that would also allow me to see my credit card transactions on-line??

I'm glad its not just me missing something here - for such a big company, its a very poor website - they sent the OH a survey a while back on what he thought of the site, and as I'm the one that does all the finances, they got a bit of a rant back - but it made no difference - didn't even get a response!? I've NEVER seen any other card where you can't see transactions listed...

But, if opening a £1 savings account will solve the problem, Clubcard Deals here I come!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure