Tesco Credit Card - I don't understand their website!

Options
2»

Comments

• tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sparky67 wrote:
    So, if I open a Tesco savings account, I will not only get on-line banking access to that, but that would also allow me to see my credit card transactions on-line??

I'm glad its not just me missing something here - for such a big company, its a very poor website - they sent the OH a survey a while back on what he thought of the site, and as I'm the one that does all the finances, they got a bit of a rant back - but it made no difference - didn't even get a response!? I've NEVER seen any other card where you can't see transactions listed...

But, if opening a £1 savings account will solve the problem, Clubcard Deals here I come!!

Yes, just open a savings acct and then you can view your all your cc transactions online. Problem is, when I went to do this they had to reset all my security and password etc and it was a total palaver. Got sorted in the end though!
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • yellow_dog
    yellow_dog Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    Don`t forget if your cc is in joint names take out your savings account in joint names or else if you`r e not the main account holder you will not have access to the site!
    This happened to me when I had rang Tesco to complain that I couln`t access website even though I could access all details of our account over the phone as a secondary card holder. They sent me forms to fill in for savings account but failed to tell me that as a secondary card holder I would`nt be able to view our account unless
    it was in joint names.
  • Sparky67
    Sparky67 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yellow_dog wrote:
    Don`t forget if your cc is in joint names take out your savings account in joint names or else if you`r e not the main account holder you will not have access to the site!
    This happened to me when I had rang Tesco to complain that I couln`t access website even though I could access all details of our account over the phone as a secondary card holder. They sent me forms to fill in for savings account but failed to tell me that as a secondary card holder I would`nt be able to view our account unless
    it was in joint names.

Conversly, OH and I have a credit card each in our own single names - if I opened a single joint saving account, would that give both of us access to our credit card transactions on-line (but I would guess each person would have to log on under their own security details?)
  • Sparky67
    Sparky67 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just registered my credit card and savings account and it worked! Adding the savings opens up a whole new load of screens for managing the accounts on line, and I can see all the transactions on my credit card!

Many thanks to those who posted on here - its a pity Tescos themselves weren't quite as helpful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure