🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ARGOS CLEARANCE SALE MARK XXII

Options

Comments

• hesjane
    hesjane Posts: 2,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I went into my local Argos extra and saw that they were advertising the new catalogue, due out january 22nd!
    so i guess its a matter of weeks until the next ro list is out. sorry if some-one has already said this, ;D

And I had just convinced hubby that I have been so good and not gone out to the sales.....little does he know that I'm saving the credit card for Argositis ;)

Hesjane
  • toadhall
    toadhall Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hi new to this. whats a RO list? does it mean reserve only?
    i tried using the lists given before but everything i wanted was out of stock, how do you find the lists, is it the old catalogue or is there another list
    ok so i'm not getting the hang of this at all. :-/
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh I'm so tempted to have some fun here.  ;)

But it's still the festive season so I shall refrain.  ;D

Please just click on the blue links at the bottom of my post. You should get the idea from the info written there.

Edit: I should add that the items in the RO sale are items which Argos will no longer be stocking in the future. They can come from any old catalogue, they don't necessarily need to have come from the last one, although that's usually the case.

Have a look through the old cat and earmark what you fancy, then check to see if it is in the new book. If it's not, then it may be RO stock and you'll need to check the code number instore or by R&R.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • toadhall
    toadhall Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thank you for being nice.
    ok so i wait until the new catalogue comes out - got that.
    then i just ring up and hope the stuff from the old one is in.
    i think i've got it :)
  • aliasojo
    Options
    I can do 'nice' toad, I just get tempted to tease people from time to time. ;)

If and when the RO sale starts, you can be sure the codes will start to be posted on here.

As I said though, it's just a case of punching in numbers until you get lucky. Some of the items you want may well be in the new book, so obviously they wont be in the sale. Others may be out of stock and sometimes you'll get what you're after at a good price.

It's all swings and roundabouts. ;D
  • Canny_mal
    Options
    I think everyone might be jumping the gun in thinking the next big RO release will happen as soon as the Autumn Winter Cataloue ends.

The 2004 Spring summer catalogue which yeilded the last RO goodies actually ended on 23/7/04 but I know from being in on this thread from the start that the date of the very first 'Argos clearance sale' thread wasn't until 7/10/04 and as far as I'm aware it wasn't till the following day that the RO bargains first came up for grabs.

Having said that if there is anyone more 'in the know' I'm happy to be corrected. :)
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can do 'nice' toad, I just get tempted to tease people from time to time.   ;)
     ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D - no comment ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • aliasojo
    Options
    :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Oh, you're lucky I like you! ;) ;D ;D
  • Lual
    Lual Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    hi ya all

id just like to say a big thank you to everyone for there helpfulness and for being so nice..

the new ro sale well what can i say i think my hubby will divorce me if i get into that again...lol

just wondering if the great stumpy will be doing her great list again??? :):):)

take care all

have a great new year
  • aliasojo
    Options
    ....... the great stumpy.....

Oh my, does that mean we'll all have to start bowing every time you post stumpy? ;) ;D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family