🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here

Options

Comments

• defairmans
    Options
    Has anyone got an email from Vauxhall?
  • sydroo
    sydroo Posts: 767 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I had one from Vauxhall to say I'd won an antenna ball but when I googled the competition and read the T&Cs it says the entry route is through their facebook page but when I checked, I haven't even liked the page nevermind entered the competition.

Is that the email you're referring to defairmans?
  • MontysMum22
    Options
    Does anyone know anything about the deals on heels facebook page. They have loads of like/share/comment competitions every month. I started entering them in October and as time wore on, the prizes grew evermore grand, complete childrens bedroom furniture sets, rings etc and I started to have my doubts. As the end of the month came there were no posted winners and quite a few angry comments on the subject posted by others who entered.
    When I looked a bit further there was a distinct lack of contact info on both the facebook page and associated web ordering page. I've stopped doing their comps but was annoyed I spent time bothering to enter something that probably was just a scam. I've kept my eye on the page and the same thing happened at the end of November. I messaged the page and asked for a list of winners but received no reply. I have also reported it to facebook but the page is still up advertising lots of comps for the end of December. I noticed one comment from someone that said that the prize listed was made by a firm that had gone out of business several years before.
  • defairmans
    Options
    sydroo wrote: »
    I had one from Vauxhall to say I'd won an antenna ball but when I googled the competition and read the T&Cs it says the entry route is through their facebook page but when I checked, I haven't even liked the page nevermind entered the competition.

Is that the email you're referring to defairmans?

Yes, thank you sydroo. I stupidely sent my address details to them during a tired moment yesterday and only realised after I sent it that I don't remember entering such a comp and the sig on the email says "Lead Generator". Oh dear. :o
  • defairmans
    Options
  • MontysMum22
    Options
    No, that's quite a well known furniture firm, nothing dodgy about them. This is Deals on Heels on facebook I just checked exactly the spelling gaps etc and it comes up on search if you type it in exactly as I have here sorry I didn't put in exact before. They are principally shoes and fashion but evermore people daily get sucked in to taking the time to comment etc and its strange but the person behind it posts such lovely pictures and notices also, full of love for family values, think thats why people don't always spot it for what it is. There is a link to there webpage on the facebook page too and that doesn't seem any better.
  • createbeauty
    Options
    defairmans wrote: »
    Yes, thank you sydroo. I stupidely sent my address details to them during a tired moment yesterday and only realised after I sent it that I don't remember entering such a comp and the sig on the email says "Lead Generator". Oh dear. :o

I had an e-mail to say I'd won an antenna ball yesterday. IT IS LEGIT!!! It's from this: https://www.newcorsa.co.uk/

I enter it daily but was hoping for more than an antenna ball.
  • amandaleeds
    Options
    I know, lol.

When I didn't respond she sent me another message, to which you can see my reply below. :)

Priscilla Sheehan: Hey babe, can you start sending over those names for me please?
    You can then keep sending them over to me up until the night. So exciting! Well done again xx

19:31
    Caroline: Sorry, no can do. I can't make it to London, can't afford drinks in London, and don't know 30 people let alone have that many friends. Thanks though!

:rotfl:

Only just seen this - I recently entered a facebook comp with them to win a bunch of amazing prizes and just received a very similar e-mail to the above, stating I was a runner up and had won VIP tickets to their NYE party with something to do with made in Chelsea which I don't even watch! I don't live in London either so all I did was reply and say I wasn't able to go but I wonder if any real person actually won the main prize :-)
    Won so far in 2017: ipad mini :j
  • xKayx
    xKayx Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    2014 COMPING WISHLIST
    Ipad / Family Holiday / Spa Weekend / Money
    2014 WINS
    Family Holiday to Bluestone Holiday Park
  • bigangel
    bigangel Posts: 41 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2013 at 11:03PM
    Options
    Recieved the following email from a comp i enteredPOUR MADAME!also commented on their!photo.POUR MADAME wrote: "THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING PART!! DRUM DROLL PLEASE.... THE WINNER IS HATTIE SINCLAIR!! PLS DM US WITH YOUR DETAILS AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! THIS PRIZE WILL BE WINGING ITS WAY TO YOU TOMORROW! Xx" checked out winner name does not seem real what do I do.

No pictures and only had pour madame on her site, no friends, , started facebook nov 2013 no other contacts looks suspicious.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure