Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here

Comments

• Morning Annie,
    Did you by any chance happen to notice the ad above this comp.....for Thomas CRAPPER &Co Ltd!!!!
    Appropriate dont you think lol
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    AnnieH wrote:
    and then he got really shirty with those of us who questioned it...

What happened?!?!

I entered and "won" a voucher but didn't bother because I thought that everyone would win one.

Did everyone e-mail him then? What did he say?!?

M
  • Prosaic
    Prosaic Posts: 212 Forumite
    :rotfl:

LOL, I got one of his emails telling me I was a lucky runner-up. Then came on here and found out that all 10 of his runners-up seemed to be on here!

I also want to know what he said - didn't realise anyone had emailed him

what a con
  • AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    It's all on this thread here

I think there was also a thread on Loquax about it too. It's a joke. The guy should be done as I'm sure he must be breaking some kind of rules.
  • Just been reading the thread - thats awful behaviour of him! Someone should tell period living that they are helping him con people!!
  • dr_del
    dr_del Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

I just emailed period living stating my concerns - what can I say I'm obviously addicted to getting stroppy emails.

Text reproduced below.

Hello,

I am writing to you to express my concern at one of the competitions being run on your site ;

http://www.periodliving.co.uk/Competitions.aspx?Action=844869760&ID=1124127e-8245-41e5-b4a0-1f2a509cb289

The reason for my concern is the behaviour exhibited by the creator of the prize in several previous competitions he has run.

These range from his deceptive (and possibly illegal under the latest government computer usage legislation) use of the harvested emails from the competition not to mention the small matter of his prices apparently jumping by a factor of ten between the competitions (£250 in one yet £2500 in an other using the same portraits and sizes).

Details of this can be found in the following forum thread;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=271540

In the above thread I have posted under the username “dr del”. While I personally feel any association with this individual could reflect badly upon your publication I realise this is, of course, only one person’s opinion and would be grateful if you choose to share your thoughts upon this matter with me.

Yours sincerely,

Wonder if they will even bother to reply.:o

dr del
  • AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Nice one Dr Del, I wonder wjat they'll have to say about that :) Keep us psted won't you?
  • fluffynit
    fluffynit Posts: 11,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for letting us know AnnieH, it's good to look out for one another

:grouphug:

fluffynit
  • jeppy
    jeppy Posts: 3,428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Unbelievable. This company is so unprofessional.

I wonder what the paintings are like and whether they are just produced from a computer. Their attitude would certainly lead me to believe this!!

Thanks for the warning.
    ACII and Chartered so now I can focus on learning to play my beautiful Sax. 🎷
  • jeppy
    jeppy Posts: 3,428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    AnnieH, just thanked you, you are nearly on 1000!!!!!

Go girl!!
    ACII and Chartered so now I can focus on learning to play my beautiful Sax. 🎷
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback