Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here

Options

Comments

• Winjackie
    Winjackie Posts: 1,726 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just received this one - all seem to be flooding through since last week so I'd like to know which comp has sold the details onto these scammers!!:mad:

I agree, I have had loads now since last week, it's so annoying :mad:
    If at first you don't succeed ........ ;) Alternative autism therapies should be free!!
  • liv
    liv Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    I got one yesterday and think it must have been from comps ending 30/06 as I didn't enter any over the weekend and have never had any before. DEleted without opening it but it was entitled: Euro Millions. Must say I'd be very immpressed if I had won euro millions, particularly as I've NEVER bought a ticket!!! hehe
    Comping Wishlist 2012 [*]Ipad [*]Iphone [*]Wedding Dress

Best Wins Ever V Festival Tickets, Trip to JD gig in Tennessee, mobile from Virgin blog comp, Luxury London weekend worth £1500

Wedding Weightloss Lost: 3 Kg -->To lose:11Kg
  • Helpmesave
    Helpmesave Posts: 1,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Today I have won an Audi, according to a home-made e-mail I received today. How gullible do they think we are?
  • schizometric
    schizometric Posts: 716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a letter today saying I won 250,000 though Readers Digest. It looks like a scam to me. Apparently "Cardiff" will be receiving a letter in an orange envelope within the next 72 hours and I must do something with it to get the prize.

Anyone else had such a letter?
    2008-2011: £23k of wins :eek:
    2011 best win: my wedding ring :o
    2012 best win so far: iPad 2!!!! Holiday to Austria (given to family member) :j also £100 & 2 wine cases
    Thank you so much, all posters :beer:
  • Grunhilda
    Grunhilda Posts: 790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a letter today saying I won 250,000 though Readers Digest. It looks like a scam to me. Apparently "Cardiff" will be receiving a letter in an orange envelope within the next 72 hours and I must do something with it to get the prize.

Anyone else had such a letter?

I had one of these this morning as well - I'm in Flintshire so maybe it's a "Wales" thing :confused:
  • catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've won the Australian lotto today - twice :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • joho
    joho Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I received a call the other day from someone trying to get me into some holiday thing in Bali or somewhere like that. Indian sounding lady, asked for me as 'Jo' (which is my comping name; I use my full name everywhere else). She said I had attended an exhibition - which I hadn't, but couldn't think quick enough at the time.

I told her I wasn't interested as it was probably timeshare - she said it wasn't and kept on and on at me, asking what bad experiences i had had with timeshare and why I wasn't interested.

In the end I got so annoyed that I said I had just that minute walked back in the door from shopping (which was the truth) and that I was very busy, didn't want to know and Goodbye and hung up.

Am waiting for the callback, but wondered if anyone else had anything similar? Didn't catch any company name!
    If you have nothing constructive to say just move along.
  • fruity_swt
    fruity_swt Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    hi, i received an email last week which said this:

Congratulations! You have won a place at Brighton Institute of Modern Music’s Ultimate Summer School.

Please reply with your address including postcode, and contact telephone number and I will pass your details onto BIMM’s Mark Clayden who will be able to provide you with further information.

does anyone know if this is a scam or what it involves?

• essexgal
    essexgal Posts: 2,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    fruity_swt wrote: »
    hi, i received an email last week which said this:

Congratulations! You have won a place at Brighton Institute of Modern Music’s Ultimate Summer School.

Please reply with your address including postcode, and contact telephone number and I will pass your details onto BIMM’s Mark Clayden who will be able to provide you with further information.

does anyone know if this is a scam or what it involves?

found this via google - so maybe it's genuine (this was in rhythm mag) ....:D

http://www.rhythmmag.co.uk/page/rhythm?entry=win_a_place_at_the

Congratulations......

essexgal
    ;)old enough to know better, young enough not to care;)
  • Phil51
    Phil51 Posts: 786 Forumite
    Options
    Just got this email

Dear Philip

Congratulations!

Your email address [EMAIL="xxx@xxx.com"]xxx@xxx.com[/EMAIL] has just been selected to be a possible AUDI A3 Winner-
    out of 500.000 newsletter recipients!!

If selected, click here:
    http://www.newgoodmail.com/Public/redirect.aspx?inf=NDFNNDJNOE0yTTJNNDJNN004ME01N00xMjRNMTA5TTZNNTZNNDJNNTZNNk00Mk03TTQyTTdN

This is a very limited offer for selected E-Mail recipients only!

Your participation is free and only takes 1 minute!

Click here:
    http://www.newgoodmail.com/Public/redirect.aspx?inf=NDFNNDJNOE0yTTJNNDJNN004ME01N00xMjRNMTA5TTZNNTZNNDJNNTZNNk00Mk03TTQyTTdN

Your Audi A3 Winner Team
    Anybody else got one or any comments
    Comping 2008 wins £4842 2009 wins £950.50 2010 Wins £140 2011 £0
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family