became a problem for me, so with the help of a British contact working
    with the UN here(his office enjoys some immunity)I was able to get the
    package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot.He does not
    know the real contents of the package as he believes that it belongs to an
    American who died in an air raid,before giving up trusted me to hand
    overthe package to his close relative.

I have now found a secured way of getting the package out of Iraq for you
    to pick up. I do not know for how long I will remain here as I have been
    lucky to have survived 2 suicide bomb attacks by Pure Divine intervention.

This and other reasons put into consideration have prompted me to
    reach out for help. If it might be of interest to you then Endeavour to
    contact me and we would work out the necessary formalities but i pray that
    you are discreet about this mutually benefiting relationship.

Get back to me so i can furnish you with more details.

Respectfully,

Sgt Wallace Fitzgerald
    [EMAIL="wallacefitz@hotmail.com"]wallacefitz@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]
    United States Marine Corps. IRAQ.
  • angiegofton
    Options
    :rotfl: i have these too in the past, the last one i got was for a spanish lottery, they asked to get in contact with details
    this is what i did............
    i emailed them,thanked them very much for the win, how happy i was, told them they had my details as they had written to me, as for the money up front they wanted, i told them to take it out of my winnings before they sent me a cheque(they had asked if i wanted a cheque or bank transfer)
    this was over 6 months ago.....
    youve guessed it.......
    still waiting for my cheque............:j
  • Lynsey76
    Lynsey76 Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had the Vital beauty one too, and the Sgt Fitzgerald one
    2008 wins £4405 2009 wins £7194 2010 wins £9615

Best wins ever: Laptop, £1000 John Lewis vouchers, PS3, Xbox 360 iPad Mini :beer:
  • stoomboy
    Options
    22 August 2008
    Dear Mrs Henderson,
    CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING A FREE CLUBSEASONS MEMBERSHIP WORTH £3750!!
    I am delighted to confirm that you are one of our prize-winners drawn in this month’s daily Grand Prize Draw. More than 23,000 British families already enjoy their holiday with Seasons every year – and now you can join them; your introduction to Club Seasons is enclosed. Please visit www.seasonsholidays.com/clubseasons for comprehensive information about your membership.
    Your Membership, which normally retails for £3750, enables you to enjoy a holiday for up to four people in any luxurious villa, cottage or apartment at any of our resorts in the UK or overseas EVERY YEAR until 2069. Club Seasons members also enjoy many other benefits. Once you have activated your Membership, you will be able to request your first 7 night holiday at any Seasons Member or Selected Resort.
    To ensure your resorts and club facilities remain in the same standard as you see today, all Members contribute an annual management fee: in 2008 this is only £367 (including all on site utility charges). Your first holiday entitlement can be booked up to 12 months in advance, whenever you choose to travel subject to availability including all school holiday periods.
    As a gesture of goodwill I have been authorised to contribute one quarter of the initial management fee in respect of your first holiday. This means for just £275.25 you could enjoy a week of luxury on dates of your choice for up to four people either at one of our award-winning UK resorts or perhaps overseas. This works out at less than £69 per person for a 7-night holiday!
    We are offering new Club Seasons Members a 100% Money Back guarantee. If you are not entirely satisfied with your first stay at a Seasons resort, you can surrender your Membership and receive a full refund of any management fee paid (notification required within 14 days of return).
    As new members, you and your partner will be invited to meet the directors of Seasons Holidays and join this month’s other major prize-winners in the Seasons Holidays box at Sandown Park Racecourse to watch the Seasons Holidays Tingle Creek Steeplechase on Saturday December 6th 2008. The champagne brunch will be hosted by Derek Thompson, the face of Channel 4 racing and Seasons member, who has promised to give you a few tips! One of our guests on the day will be invited by Derek to judge the best turned out horse in the Parade Ring. Usually this kind of day would cost more than £220 if it was available for sale – but we look forward to seeing you there as our guests. Whether you are a regular race-goer, or this is your first time at the races, it will be a fun and memorable day.

If you have any further questions, or wish to activate your membership now, please call the Membership Office on 0800 448 448, between 11 am until 8 pm Monday to Friday), or email [EMAIL="stalbans@seasonsholidays.com"]stalbans@seasonsholidays.com[/EMAIL]. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Seasons Holidays plc’ and sent to Membership Secretary, Seasons Holidays plc, 86-90 Victoria Street St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3TG. For your convenience we will also accept payment by debit/credit card.
    You must activate this Membership within 14 days of the date of today’s letter, or our audit department will randomly re-allocate your prize and Sandown Park Racecourse invitation to another same-day entry participant.
    We look forward to making you feel especially welcome at Seasons, and trust that you and your family will enjoy many happy holidays and short breaks with us in the future. See you at the races.
    Yours sincerely,

Leanne Halliday - Membership Secretary
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had one this weekend, had a phonecall to say I had won two tickets to see Mirrors at Leicester Square. I gave them to my sister and the person e-mialed me the details. When my sister got there they said it was a scam, the company that rang me was called Jam. I don't know what they got out of the scam though?
  • essexgal
    essexgal Posts: 2,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    wendz86 wrote: »
    I had one this weekend, had a phonecall to say I had won two tickets to see Mirrors at Leicester Square. I gave them to my sister and the person e-mialed me the details. When my sister got there they said it was a scam, the company that rang me was called Jam. I don't know what they got out of the scam though?

There were several comps to win tickets to see Mirrors though - can you remember which one/s you entered as it doesn't sound like a typical scam - particularly as they telephoned and emailed you.....

Might be worth emailing the person back and saying that there was a problem and see what they say - maybe there was a communication breakdown somewhere between the pr company and the cinema..:o

(Not sure how winning premiere tickets works - did your sister have to produce the email as confirmation, or proof of identity :confused: )

essexgal
    ;)old enough to know better, young enough not to care;)
  • digitaltoast
    Options
    I hope people don't mind me mentioning this again, but I've had a sudden surge in activity from people reading about the Imperial Majesty Cruise Scam.

It's a pretty large posting so I won't repeat it here, but I'm just waiting for a few more comments, then I'm going to submit it to Watchdog or You and Yours.

So please, spread the word, or at least just let me know if you've been contacted by this outfit.
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    essexgal wrote: »
    There were several comps to win tickets to see Mirrors though - can you remember which one/s you entered as it doesn't sound like a typical scam - particularly as they telephoned and emailed you.....

Might be worth emailing the person back and saying that there was a problem and see what they say - maybe there was a communication breakdown somewhere between the pr company and the cinema..:o

(Not sure how winning premiere tickets works - did your sister have to produce the email as confirmation, or proof of identity :confused: )

essexgal

She just had to say her name at the door he said, have just e-mailed so see what happens!
  • dude101
    dude101 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    "You won 516,778:00 GBP from the United Kingdom Sweepstakes"

got this yesterday from a Canadian email address, they are asking me to email a co.uk address with my details to claim my 'prize'
    problem is that I havent entered any sweepstakes, so just wondering if anyone out there has had anything similar.
    started june 12th
    june wins::rotfl: wombats tix, Jason Mraz cds.
    july wins Mc fly signed cd. August wins southport flower show tix, harrogate flower show tix
  • PRINCESSKERRY
    Options
    stoomboy wrote: »
    22 August 2008

Dear Mrs Henderson,
    CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING A FREE CLUBSEASONS MEMBERSHIP WORTH £3750!!
    I am delighted to confirm that you are one of our prize-winners drawn in this month’s daily Grand Prize Draw. More than 23,000 British families already enjoy their holiday with Seasons every year – and now you can join them; your introduction to Club Seasons is enclosed. Please visit www.seasonsholidays.com/clubseasons for comprehensive information about your membership.
    Your Membership, which normally retails for £3750, enables you to enjoy a holiday for up to four people in any luxurious villa, cottage or apartment at any of our resorts in the UK or overseas EVERY YEAR until 2069. Club Seasons members also enjoy many other benefits. Once you have activated your Membership, you will be able to request your first 7 night holiday at any Seasons Member or Selected Resort.
    To ensure your resorts and club facilities remain in the same standard as you see today, all Members contribute an annual management fee: in 2008 this is only £367 (including all on site utility charges). Your first holiday entitlement can be booked up to 12 months in advance, whenever you choose to travel subject to availability including all school holiday periods.
    As a gesture of goodwill I have been authorised to contribute one quarter of the initial management fee in respect of your first holiday. This means for just £275.25 you could enjoy a week of luxury on dates of your choice for up to four people either at one of our award-winning UK resorts or perhaps overseas. This works out at less than £69 per person for a 7-night holiday!
    We are offering new Club Seasons Members a 100% Money Back guarantee. If you are not entirely satisfied with your first stay at a Seasons resort, you can surrender your Membership and receive a full refund of any management fee paid (notification required within 14 days of return).
    As new members, you and your partner will be invited to meet the directors of Seasons Holidays and join this month’s other major prize-winners in the Seasons Holidays box at Sandown Park Racecourse to watch the Seasons Holidays Tingle Creek Steeplechase on Saturday December 6th 2008. The champagne brunch will be hosted by Derek Thompson, the face of Channel 4 racing and Seasons member, who has promised to give you a few tips! One of our guests on the day will be invited by Derek to judge the best turned out horse in the Parade Ring. Usually this kind of day would cost more than £220 if it was available for sale – but we look forward to seeing you there as our guests. Whether you are a regular race-goer, or this is your first time at the races, it will be a fun and memorable day.

If you have any further questions, or wish to activate your membership now, please call the Membership Office on 0800 448 448, between 11 am until 8 pm Monday to Friday), or email [EMAIL="stalbans@seasonsholidays.com"]stalbans@seasonsholidays.com[/EMAIL]. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Seasons Holidays plc’ and sent to Membership Secretary, Seasons Holidays plc, 86-90 Victoria Street St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3TG. For your convenience we will also accept payment by debit/credit card.
    You must activate this Membership within 14 days of the date of today’s letter, or our audit department will randomly re-allocate your prize and Sandown Park Racecourse invitation to another same-day entry participant.
    We look forward to making you feel especially welcome at Seasons, and trust that you and your family will enjoy many happy holidays and short breaks with us in the future. See you at the races.
    Yours sincerely,

I have received a recorded Delivery letter from this company I actually thought it was genuine until I checked on this thread. I haven't called yet thankfully.
    There was no mention at all in my letter that it could be part of a holiday club and as I had entered similar competitions I thought it was legitimate.
    Back to the drawing board I thought this was actually my first win.:o

Re; internet Prize Draw Entry (648241)

Congratulations!

I am delighted to confirm you have won a prize to the value of £3750, in this month's daily internet / Grand Prize Draw.

To authenticate your claim, please contact Sandra on 0800 448 448 between 12 noon and 8pm Monday to Friday within seven days from this letter, failure to do so will result in the loss of your prize.

Subject to your acceptance of this prize, you and your partner will be invited to join this month's other major prize-winners in this Season's Holidays Box at Sandown Park Racecourse to watch the Season's Holidays Tingle Creek Steeplechase on December 6th 2008 as our guests.
    Free VIP parking is included and the Champagne brunch will be hosted by Derek Thompson, the face of Channel 4 racing, who has promised to give you a few tips too! One of our guests on the day will be invited by Derek to judge the best turned out horse in the Parade Ring.

Once again congratulations. We look forward to hearing from you and to celebrating your win at the races.

Yours sincerely
    Competition wins - 09/03 - £500 ELC Vouchers 11/04 - Lush Goodies 21/04 - Gillette Fusion Gift Pack 22/05 - Mirrors DVD 29/05 - Return Flights to London & £500 29/05 - £50 Homebase Gift Vouchers 20/09 - Remote Control Helicopter 28/09 - £225 Bingo Win 05/10 £25 Photobox Vouchers 16/09 £90 Cash 30/11 £29 Cash 03/01 £20 03/04 Fifa Football :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback