Martin's Money Mutterings 28 March 2006

Options
If you fancy discussing this week's money mutterings, which'll be up on the site later on today, click reply :)
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• pbright
    pbright Posts: 634 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Andrea,

I applied for the BMI classic credit card as the offer of a free flight to Russia appealed to me(Where in Russia). But there was no information on the link about it. More worryingly though is that it asked me for a blue diamind membership(frequesnt flyer code) which i did not enter as i do not have one with them. Can i still get these points, i have looked into it and its easy enough to sign up to their FF club but i hope i am not to late, as i did not enter my number when applying. I did not recieve confirmation on-line of a successfull application and i have not heard from them yet so its not all set in stone yet. I would really appreciate it if you PM'd me with as much info on this as possibile.....I loose track of forums and cant seem to find them :-)

Thanks Andrea
  • iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/UKCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=1BMIHP_OST&mc=BMI-RS-40873-40911
    if you went through that url you should be fine, and you will auto be enroll into the scheme once you get the card. About Russia since BMI is part of Star Alliance you will most likely fly on Luthfansa (german airline can't spell) to get to russia. Last time I did it to meet my wife in Moscow. It flies through munich and than you catch a connecting flight either to St.Peterburgh or Moscow. It fly to the main airport in Moscow at least did. Which trust me is worth its weight in gold!!!
  • iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    here are all the countries you can fly to with the extra 20,000 points
    zone 1 UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland
    zone 2 Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldavia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearics), Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine,Yugoslavia

from zone 1 to zone 1
    12000 = get a ticket
    (6000 + £40) = use some points and pay £40 to get a ticket
    from zone 1 to zone 2
    (10000 + £70) = use some points and pay £70 to get a ticket
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi don't worry if you clicked through the link you are eligible to get the points - we have confirmation of that in writing from BMI. We are trying to sort out the landing page at the moment...
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • pbright
    Options
    Thanks for the help, and the information martin.

I guess i have to wait for BMI/Mastercard to get in touch, on the final stage when i submitted my application it took me back to stage one with not notification(thanks, a. recieved, we will be in touch etc.) which i thought was a little strange. Anyway ill see what happens. Russia doesnt appeal to me, but a friends moveing there-why, i dont know!?! So i have to make the effort ang go visit him in st.petersburg. Would grudge paying for a flight there but only paying taxes sounds like a plan to me. I flew BMI to London when i won my VIP weekend to the Baftas last month...through this site :-) and they are a great airline...in par with BA for the internal flight.

Cheers.
  • pbright
    Options
    Hi,

I dont know if this is posted in the right place. Firstly i applied for the BMI card online but must have did it wring as i have not heard anything from them. I thought it was maybe wrong as i got no confirmation and the final stage just took me back to the beginning. My question is 1) can i still apply and does the offer still apply?? & is their away to check they got my application??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure