Comments

• Amber_Sunshine
    Amber_Sunshine Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Options
    Megansmum wrote: »
    how old is the baby? If it is 20 months or so, look at this link
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1704461

It worked for me!!

There is no baby! I just mentioned the charge because I was astonished to see it among the long list of 'extras' when airlines have always let the under-twos go free if they sit on a parent's lap.
  • RedCanadaHat
    RedCanadaHat Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    ugh there's nothing wrong with ryanair.

i fly with them about 8 times a year and i've never had a problem.
  • splicecom
    splicecom Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    There is no baby! I just mentioned the charge because I was astonished to see it among the long list of 'extras' when airlines have always let the under-twos go free if they sit on a parent's lap.

i found this really funny
    TOTAL DEBTS

NONE!!!!!
  • Amber_Sunshine
    Amber_Sunshine Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Options
    Unless I have the worst case of nappy brain, and I've left the baby somewhere ...
  • wannaberichbtch
    Options
    Hi Amber,

As far as travelling babies are concerned I think they should be charged double full fare due to the unbearable stress they cause other passengers (I am a mother but realise other people are not as enthralled with my little darling as I am) Anyway, if you find yourself at either Girona or Reus airports it will cost you in the region of 22E per person return plus travelling time. Whereas Barco airport is a cheap quick bus ride.
  • Megansmum
    Megansmum Posts: 327 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Amber,

As far as travelling babies are concerned I think they should be charged double full fare due to the unbearable stress they cause other passengers (I am a mother but realise other people are not as enthralled with my little darling as I am) Anyway, if you find yourself at either Girona or Reus airports it will cost you in the region of 22E per person return plus travelling time. Whereas Barco airport is a cheap quick bus ride.

We got back into ema from pisa and ALL the people around us commented on how good our dd was on the flight - i still think this is because we got her her own seat instead of being cramped up on my knee! (And because we had a portable dvd player with her favourite tv programmes on it). But yes .... there were some unruly little ones further up the plane, but the flight wasn't full so people kept moving down towards us!! This happens whether you are on Ryanair or British Airways!!
    2009 - Attempting to grow my own Kitchen garden..... :o did it!!!
    2010 - Attempting to make my garden a beautiful place for dd2 to enjoy!
  • wannaberichbtch
    Options
    Putting aside the babies in the air debate (compelling subject though it is) The original question is one of simple maths. I paid £4 for 2 return tickets to Reus with Ryanair from my local airport which makes travel to Barco from Reus cost effective. However, £60 per person would have persuaded me to use the services of my local coach/railway station for a trip to Gatwick and a direct flight to Barcelona with a different airline.
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    sturll wrote: »
    How much cheaper?

Have you taken into account the infinite extras Ryanair charge?

If you have and the saving is still a good one then fly Ryanair.

If you pay by electron card, opt for online checkin, carry handluggage less then 10 kg and do not buy their rip off refreshments on board-there should not be any extra charges.
  • Soldit
    Soldit Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    On short flights go with Ryan Air and be stoneyfaced in the, er, face, of any of their optional extras. Stick it out and you'll save a bundle :D
  • PolishBigSpender
    PolishBigSpender Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    andy46 wrote: »
    If you pay by electron card, opt for online checkin, carry handluggage less then 10 kg and do not buy their rip off refreshments on board-there should not be any extra charges.

Rip off refreshments?

Do you know anything about how much it costs per kilo to carry those 'refreshments' on board? If you did, then you might not be using such words freely.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure