Ryanair - dare I???

I'm plannning a trip from Barcelona to London in June, and usually fly with Easyjet. Ryanair are much cheaper in June, however after all the bad press I've heard about them I'm hesitant ... any views? Would I be saving euros at the expense of my stress levels?!!

Comments

• sturll
    sturll Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    How much cheaper?

Have you taken into account the infinite extras Ryanair charge?

If you have and the saving is still a good one then fly Ryanair.
  • Amber_Sunshine
    Amber_Sunshine Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Just been looking at the 'extra' charges and it comes to about €30 less - not sure it's worth it when I'd have to get to Reus or Girona (Barcelona airport is much more convenient).

Can't believe they charge you for a baby! Are they considered carry-on luggage now?!
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    As long as you follow their (pretty simple) rules, then you will be fine. ;)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Just been looking at the 'extra' charges and it comes to about €30 less - not sure it's worth it when I'd have to get to Reus or Girona (Barcelona airport is much more convenient).

Can't believe they charge you for a baby! Are they considered carry-on luggage now?!

So do Easyjet.

If you need to be in Barcelona, then I would fly to BCN if I was going by myself. However, if there are say four of you flying, then €120 is a much more significant amount than €30.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • PolishBigSpender
    PolishBigSpender Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    I'm plannning a trip from Barcelona to London in June, and usually fly with Easyjet. Ryanair are much cheaper in June, however after all the bad press I've heard about them I'm hesitant ... any views? Would I be saving euros at the expense of my stress levels?!!

I've flown Ryanair countless times and never had a problem. Don't let all the scaremongers on this forum put you off - many people have a great experience with Ryanair.

But do consider the costs of getting to/from Reus/Girona - these could be fairly significant.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • Amber_Sunshine
    Amber_Sunshine Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    I live in central Barcelona, so BCN airport is much more convenient, and it's just me travelling.
  • mobby-2554
    mobby-2554 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    I have flown with Ryanair quite a few times & have never had a problem.

If you're travelling alone & it's only going to be €30 less, I would stay with Easyjet.

More convenient & you know exactly what to expect.

Ryanair do seem to be making a lot of changes but we can still get some really cheap flights in comparison to others.
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    The price of a ticket by coach from Girona airport to Barcelona Du Nord bus station is 12 Euro's one way and 21 Euro's return. The coaches are timed to coincide with flights too. It's about an hour trip.
  • old_motters
    old_motters Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I live in central Barcelona, so BCN airport is much more convenient, and it's just me travelling.

I'd pony up for Easyjet. Any accidents or congestion on the auto-routes to/from Girona/Reus could turn an hour in a coach into hours.
  • Megansmum
    Megansmum Posts: 327 Forumite
    First Post
    how old is the baby? If it is 20 months or so, look at this link
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1704461

It worked for me!!
    2009 - Attempting to grow my own Kitchen garden..... :o did it!!!
    2010 - Attempting to make my garden a beautiful place for dd2 to enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure