parking fine when ticket fell off window

New Post Advanced Search

parking fine when ticket fell off window

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
28 replies 29.2K views
ninebobnoteninebobnote Forumite
16 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi has anyone had any success appealing a ticket when the valid receipt has fell off the window/dash as this as happened to me and i am wondering if appeals work in this instant thanks

Replies

• Andy_ChesAndy_Ches Forumite
    420 posts
    Hi has anyone had any success appealing a ticket when the valid receipt has fell off the window/dash as this as happened to me and i am wondering if appeals work in this instant thanks

I'd appeal, but only if you have the valid parking ticket you bought to back your mitigation.
  • Thank you i have the ticket, i will copy the template letter and try here's hoping
  • sandraroffeysandraroffey Forumite
    1.4K posts
    similar thing happened to my daughter. she emailed the issuing authority and scanned the ticket in and attached it to the email. cancelled by return email.
  • bonty44bonty44 Forumite
    439 posts
    Yes, I've done this before. I had a ticket and it fell off the dashboard. I argued that if it had been one of those adhesive ones, then it wouldn't have been a problem. I was let off but told that I wouldn't be let off again.
  • Oh great feel more confident now thank you all
  • Neil_BNeil_B Forumite
    1.4K posts
    maybe you should take into account a bit of a discount factor there.

three people quickly post to share an experience of success. Would the failures be so quick?

As the contravention is 'failure to display' not 'failure to pay' all of the above were discretionary cancellations. Some may have been under criminal legislation/police where there is no interest in the financial side.

In general for this, the most common topic at TPT appeal, adjudications are not favourable. They go either way but I estimate about 70% at least against the appellant on this issue.

Also different Councils have widely differing attitudes. Which Council is this?

It would benefit you to show the PCN, ALL of it, so it can be checked for compliance.
    Also pics of signage and road markings if this was an on-street P&D - OR - you can just make that plea for discretion as others have suggested. personally, I'd cover the possibilities.
    -
  • CoblcrisCoblcris Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Sometimes the TMO or Off-Street order only specifies the payment part and not the display. This is a bona fide council PCN is it ? If its PPC don't bother.
  • Neil_BNeil_B Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Coblcris wrote: »
    This is a bona fide council PCN is it ? If its PPC don't bother.

Good point. how did i forget that!
  • sheilavwsheilavw Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi...this happened to me once. I could have parked on road for 40 mins but unsure if I would be slightly longer so paid for 1 hour on short stay carpark. As it was I was only 30 mins and came back and had ticket from council. My sticker had fallen on the floor. I took a photocopy then sent original off with a letter explaining and I just got standard reply saying we've cancelled it this time but wont do it again.
  • Hi it was a pcn in a Bolton car park i know i am legally in the wrong but hoping as it was a genuine mistake they will be leniant heres hoping thanks for all the help have emailed them and attached copies of ticket
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support