Any Tesco savings vouchers about????

Comments

• celticsprite
    celticsprite Posts: 356 Forumite
    just back from Tesco. :( not a happy bunny. my newspaper and magazine coupons cleared, but the assistant decided as I hadn't purchased the items, she wouldnt accept them, then rang for someone to show her how to delete them. :-/

one day, maybe even in our lifetime, Tesco will sort themselves out....

cs
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Tried to use the internet print off vouchers yesterday at my local Tesco where I have used them before with no problem and they were refused. The assistant asked if they were 'internet vouchers' and when I said they were I was told they could only be used to buy the product. I quoted the Tesco e-mail to no avail. Looks like it's the end of printed vouchers!

Took all my 'wish list' ones though!
  • I used a wishvalue coupon for slug pellets in Tesco a couple of weeks ago. They definitely didn't stock that brand because I spent about 20 minutes looking for it.

It scanned so everyone's a winner!!!
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just used an internet voucher in my local Tesco, assistant scanned it without batting an eyelid. Shall see what happens next time.
  • hmmm recieved the following response from tesco re internet couchers...wish they would make theri mind up

Thank you for your email.

Our policy is that the actual item must be bought instore and the only
    vouchers accepted online are tesco vouchers but again the product must be
    bought. You cannot use the internet vouchers online or in any of our stores.
    If they are tesco internet vouchers you must use them online quoting the
    voucher code at the checkout stage.

Regards

Jean McKinlay
    Customer Service Manager
  • LCard
    LCard Posts: 33 Forumite
    Aaargh, here we go again. They just cant make up their mind can they. I got surrounded by staff yesterday and I produced the letter to the manager who was still refusing to accept them...he eventually caved in but asked if he could take a copy of the letter as he disagrees with it. I have asked them to get back to me if they find out different

The cashier had buzzed as he has said they have been swamped with fake discount vouchers and mine looked fake!!! They have been warned to be on the lookout for them.
  • minim55
    minim55 Posts: 28 Forumite
    We used the tesco vouchers and although the print was bad, we asked the lady at the check out counter at tesco's to key in the code, which she obliged. Funny enough she checked with the manager and he said they did accept the voucher. We saved £6.40 on our shopping! Please note if you have problems downloading them (as we did), you can e-mail me on rahul@internetitech.com and I will send them over. ;)
    ummm..... ummm.....Damn! Can't think of anything remotely amusing, clever, witty or intelligent.
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    have just sucessfully used £8 of printed vouchers in my local tesco. This was only the second time I'd tried this. No problems so far, long may it continue!!
  • System
    Had a pleasant experience at Tesco - just redeemed £3.85 worth of internet printed coupons, no questions asked whatsoever.

I told the cashier before he started scanning them in that if they didn't scan you just had to type the number in, and obliged! Got the finish ones now and hoping to get hold of the Word document soon and try again ;D
  • System
    >:( Hi, I'm new to posting on the board but have been reading it for several weeks no. I have just replaced my printer and was raring to go on the coupons but I clicked onto the Antax url and the site just comes up as a web hosting?? have the vouchers moved to another site?

Pammie ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport