Disabled parking bays

1101112131416»

Replies

• TrixTrix Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    No need for sorry! :)
    Check the last post on this thread before I bumped it - it's from MAY and I just checked your profile that says you weren't registered until September.
    I just remember it because I posted on it a few times and it ran for quite a while.
    I'm a little angel o:)BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
    'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'
  • Pat__3Pat__3 Forumite
    2.9K Posts

I agree with the comment regarding more disabled bays than parent and toddler bays.  There are - and they are rarely ever full with disabled drivers!

No grudge with disabled drivers, but there's something not quite right here.  As you say, who exactly is the most vulnerable party: a disabled man in his 30's or a naive one year old?

Yes, let's have more accessible shops, stores, etc for the disabled - no problem with that - but what about parents with kids.  

I think we all know the answer...

;)Mark E

-and no offence intended to anybody-

Well your first part of the statement who is more vunerable, I say the young man in his 30's being disabled he would be more vunerable because of his disabilities, very easy to mug someone in that condition, especially if they don't have a carer or other person with them as this is the case there are alot of disable people who have no one, and have to shop their selves. ???

Where as the 1 year old would obiviousy be in the care of his/her parents or parent.

And as for what about the parents with kids ???, hello what about the parents with kids :o
    What about the parents with kids that don't have cars :o

And I wonder what our parents did in my day with kids :o, they got on with it, they weren't molly coddled like this day and age.
    God help them if they didn't have a washing machine or a dish washer, would the world come to an end :-/.

People say that they understand people with disabilities, unless you are disabled you will never understand. >:(
  • TrixTrix Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    Not being funny - just bumping up two threads about disabled bay abuse to illustrate the big problem it appears to be. With three threads about it running to lots of pages it really seems to be a very emotive subject.

Both the threads I'm bumping have links to DLA including free car tax, 'Bay Watch' etc (groups trying to stop abuse of disabled bays) but I'm too busy (or lazy :o, take your pick) to pick them out at the minute.
    I'm a little angel o:)BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
    'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'
  • aliasojoaliasojo Forumite
    23.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ***Note from Board Guide: I'm going to lock this thread so that there's not multiple discussions about the same subject on the go. I don't think merging the threads is suitable given how old some of the posts are, it might only serve to disrupt the flow of conversation and be more for a new reader to wade through.***
    Herman - MP for all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Last week's energy Q&A with MSE experts

MSE Forum

Ninja Kitchen air fryer & grill £175

Normally £250. Excl Northern Ireland

MSE Deals