Help With Student Loans - HERE!

Options

Comments

• paulant1803
    paulant1803 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My daughter failed one of her modules on her course and the retake fee is £400 !! is there any possibilIty the SLC would help or are there any alternatives !!
  • paulant1803
    Options
    Thanks I will have a look!!
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well if I've never seen spam before....
  • paulant1803
    Options
    sorry i,m a newbie, should,ve seen that one coming !!!
  • Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Will only get the repeat fee if in attendance, and is the first repeat, and this has been the only higher education course.
  • k4kate
    k4kate Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks New York... will leave it a while and then contact SF in a couple of weeks.

I'm a born worrier. Just as well 'cos my son is so laid back he's horizontal!
  • reneraws_2
    Options
    Hi, can you help with my problem?

I've been separated (but not divorced) for 2 1/2 years and student finance have asked me to give evidence in the form of a statutory declaration as I have not got a decree nisi.

I have down loaded one from the internet but not sure how i should word it or if this will be ok.

If its not can you tell me where I can get one and what it should say?

Can I type if myself and ask a professional (solicitor, teacher, priest etc) to sign it?
    an help as this has been an on going problem since september.

Everytime i phone to ask why i havent had my money i keep getting a diffrent reason. Only just been told that this is what i need to do..

And that was becouse i got student union to phone for me.

Thanks in advance for your help. :eek:
  • reneraws_2
    Options
    Hi, can you help with my problem?

I've been separated (but not divorced) for 2 1/2 years and student finance have asked me to give evidence in the form of a statutory declaration as I have not got a decree nisi.

I have down loaded one from the internet but not sure how i should word it or if this will be ok.

If its not can you tell me where I can get one and what it should say?

Can I type if myself and ask a professional (solicitor, teacher, priest etc) to sign it?
    an help as this has been an on going problem since september.

Everytime i phone to ask why i havent had my money i keep getting a diffrent reason. Only just been told that this is what i need to do..

And that was becouse i got student union to phone for me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • kyusho
    kyusho Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    How do I get classified as an independent student? I'm 25 and the students loan company just give me the student loan, when I should be getting the grant because I am a independent student.

Furthermore, I should have had the grant and not the loan last academic year (which would mean I also get a bursary from my University). I wrote to student finance and they told me I must have earnt £7500 for the 3 years prior to me commencing my degree to be an independent student. However, having checked their own literature and the government website II know this is not true however; you only have to have earnt £7500 for any 3 years prior to starting your degree, not consecutive years as they said in their letter to me. Can anyone confirm this is true and how do I go about this?
  • Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £7500, despite what they say, is false. Schedule 4 of the regulations merely states that you must have been supporting yourself from your earnings for a period of no less than 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course.

If you want to get technical with SFE, ask them to provide quotations of the exact regulation stating £7500. They can't.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback