Help With Student Loans - HERE!

Options

Comments

• melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    can't help on the specifics, but have you applied to an access to learning fund at your uni or contacted them about any emergency funds they may have in the meantime?
    :happyhear
  • Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm also not in a position to help on that. It's more a processing rather than eligibility argument.
  • msw_wood
    Options
    can't help on the specifics, but have you applied to an access to learning fund at your uni or contacted them about any emergency funds they may have in the meantime?

I can get £50 a week emergency loan, when next week I have to pay £600 of bills.. Looks like i'm in trouble!

Why they ever decided to centralise student finance I will never know, complete shambles.

Thanks for the replies anyway.
  • DrRed
    Options
    Hello=)

Im wondering if anyone can help me, I applied for my student finance in July, and it still hasnt been processed!Ive rang up countless times but keep getting fobbed off. They say its on the spreadsheet, and should be looked at, but that was on the 15th of September, Ive already had an emergency loan off my uni and I have no other options, my overdraft is maxed out!
    Ive had issues proving my mum's single status, none of the council tax bills have been sufficient, and I have no other way of proving her status, she never had to declare it as she receives DLA, she is in receipt of benefits too. Ive sent all this evidence to Student Finance and still its not enough, Anyone have any ideas of what I am able to do next?? Thank you x
  • BusinessStudent
    Options
    Hello All,

I've been trying to repay some of my student loan online. On there website however, once I enter my bank details and amount I'ld like to pay it always comes up with "Your payment was not processed successfully, due to technical problems. You can use this link to return to the payment method selection screen, and select another payment method. You may also try to pay again using payment_method_description_null within a couple of minutes"

This has been happening for the past week now! Does anyone know whats going on?
  • panes10
    Options
    Hi i have just found out i am not eligible for student finance as i have been travelling in Australia for the past 3 years. I have already started my uni degree and yet to pay the tuition fees. They say i have not been resident in the uk but i was not resident in Australia. I am a uk citizen and have lived here all my life except for when i was travelling. I had a working holiday visa for 2 years and then had no choice but to apply for a defacto visa as this was the only way i could stay with my partner while she studied. none of these visas class me as a resident of Australia

Has anyone had a similar experience and could anyone help. i saw a thread with a similar situation and i saw that the situation got resolved.

Thanks in advance
  • Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm going to agree with SFE's decision, based on the fact you've stated you extended the visa to live with your partner.
  • miss_hh
    miss_hh Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I really need some advice, I got a letter from a debt collection agency stating that the student loan company had sold them my debt and they want immediate payment of nearly £5000.

I only graduated last summer and in april I informed them that I was unemployed. They have never asked for payment so how can they sell my debt?

I dont know what to do. It is not the full amount that I owe as I actually owe the Slc over £11000.

I cant afford to pay this. Will this affect my credit rating? Has this happened to anyone else.

Please some advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    miss_hh wrote: »
    Hi I really need some advice, I got a letter from a debt collection agency stating that the student loan company had sold them my debt and they want immediate payment of nearly £5000.

I only graduated last summer and in april I informed them that I was unemployed. They have never asked for payment so how can they sell my debt?

I dont know what to do. It is not the full amount that I owe as I actually owe the Slc over £11000.

I cant afford to pay this. Will this affect my credit rating? Has this happened to anyone else.

Please some advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Is the letter genuine? Who is the debt collection agency? Have you contacted SLC to ask them about this?

Assuming this is a post-1998 loan, then you aren't due to pay anything whilst unemployed.
  • miss_hh
    miss_hh Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Is the letter genuine? Who is the debt collection agency? Have you contacted SLC to ask them about this?

Assuming this is a post-1998 loan, then you aren't due to pay anything whilst unemployed.

The letter is from an agency called Close Credit Management ltd.

I received a letter from SLC in april 2010 asking about repayment, I sent them proof stating that I was claiming Income support. I never heard anything else from them again.

Im really worried about this. I only received the letter yest and have not contacted the SLC yet.

I was a mature student and have 3 children and graduated 2009.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback