Crown Currency Exchange -reviews?

Options
Hi, my partner has just transferred all his savings to Crown (£5000) online to get dollars to pay for our wedding in America. We really hope we have done the right thing. Does anyone have any experience of transferring such a large amount to Crown online and receiving their currency? We would be grateful for any reviews/feedback please. Thanks xx

Comments

• Philip_G_2
    Options
    I have used them 3 times now. I have no hesitation in recommending them. The deliver by special delivery when they say they will. I tried a small ammount first time but use currency all the time abroad now as using your card you get charged commision and a poor rate also.
  • mpw777
    Options
    Sorry to say that Investors Chronicle have devoted a full page recently to a warning of the dangers of using Crown Currency. Google for "Investors Chronicle" + Crown Currency. Last Sundays "Mail on Sunday" also showed a bright red light.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    plenty of people have used Crown on these forums and been perfectly happy with the results so going based on past experiences it should be fine. Is it a completely safe option and is it guaranteed that past experience and future experience are the same - no...but now that the transfer has been made, it's probably not the time to start looking into it. :)

I can't work out why cash would be necessary to pay for a wedding, unless there's no access to credit cards, but maybe that's the situation.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • krisztinita
    Options
    ooops, can you let us know how it did it go with Crown currency? Did you get your dollars ok? any bad experience? I would be really interested to know!

thanks in advance,
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have used CCE several times with no problems. The currency was always delivered on the agreed dates.
  • whatusername
    whatusername Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 December 2009 at 3:26PM
    Options
    I have also used them many times with no issues at all. They don't show well on balance sheets at all possibly because they outlay a lot of cash for currency to get the right deals themselves.

Who knows? I've really never read or heard anywhere of anyone having a bad experience
  • pompeii
    pompeii Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    No problems, ordered twice once for Oct 09 and Nov 09 delivery both arrived on time no problems, best rate at the time.
  • JennyMB
    Options
    I've just used them for the first time and they were really helpful: I rang up first to ask how the system worked. The money arrived exactly on the day that they stipulated; they gave me a good selection of notes (all denominations) and - best of all - I got a brilliant exchange rate: 1.82 Aus $ to the £. Everywhere else it is only about 1.70. I'd definitely recommend them. You have to part with your money about 6-8 weeks ahead if you want the really good exchange rates.
  • FreddieM
    FreddieM Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ive ordered from CC for the past four years and can say not only are their rates the best on the market, but they do exactly what they say on the tin Guaranteed special delivery on the agreed day of your choice.

Ordered Euros for this summer at a rate of 1.17to the £ No bad eh!!
    If youcan lie down at night knowing in your heart that you just made someone’s day just a little bit better,you know you had a good day!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure