Thrifty Gifty - Money Making for Christmas & All Ocassions 2009

Options

Comments

• jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    Bit confused here - no surprise there then :rotfl:.
    How I see it - I draw a line under what I made already (will be total up to 1st August as haven't updated since then) and anything new I make will go towards my Coal status - is that right? :confused:
    Edit: just reread your post or do you mean current total less eBay from earlier in the year?

Better not go for coal status though as am waiting for £20 worth of vouchers to arrive so a fiver wouldn't be much of a challenge :rotfl:.

And the free Avon lipgloss I got today would count in for whatever it should have cost me :confused:.
    About 50p's worth on onepoll today if anyone hasn't checked today.

If someone can just explain it to me so I can understand I'm in.
    Sorry Padster :AI kind of think that any of the vouchers you already have would count, as you aren't really going to be counting exact nectar points from now. If the vouchers have been stashed up for xmas, I will let you count them.

You don't have to do the pin money thing, only if you want to. I would say NOT to put the AVon lipgloss money in as you didn't really want it, you were only ordering it because it was free. However if you had really wanted it and were willing to spend £6 on it, and got it for free, your £6 should go in your tin.

Disclaimer about dooyoo - I take no responsibility for any abuse you may receive as new reviewers - they are quite mean!! I was furious on there at first, but soon realised the best way to get 'read' is to read around and write decent reviews. It takes a long time to get to your first £20 but with a bit of dedication you can do it no problem. I'm aiming for about £10 a week I hope.

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• jamtart6
    Options
    Does that also mean I can include the 80p I saved in a sale on rubber stamps today :rotfl::rotfl:
    Well, would you have bought them if they were not in the sale?

• paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jamtart6 wrote: »
    Well, would you have bought them if they were not in the sale?

Yep - but think I might confuse myself if I start fiddling around like that - have just been and put 50p in sealed pot to cover it :D.

Think I've got it - off to rejig my spreadsheet to see what I have my grubby santa's mitts on at the mo.
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Does that also mean I can include the 80p I saved in a sale on rubber stamps today :rotfl::rotfl:

I think you know the answer to that one Mrs Padster :naughty::D
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi jammy one!

Is this what you meant? This is what I have been doing all year in prep for the Christmas food bill which I end up paying for ultimately. This year I wanted to see how much I could do outside of the Dec payday

I have £36 in LV from surveys and hoping for some more - all saved for Christmas food shopping

Lightspeed is about a £15 voucher level - will choose voucher for a shop I will use at Christmas

Nectar points of around 3835 again saved for Christmas food and drink shopping
    £3 M+S vouchers food/present
    £6 Tesc*s vouchers food/present

I'm aiming to restart the ebay selling for present money this month and probably have £100 in paypal proceeds to cash in for presents too, plus £56 in bingo money to try and remove from the pincers of the company! Plus £12 on Advant*ge card also for presents

That's a nice reminder I'm doing better than I thought

Total £163 of points, vouchers and cash - Star status :D

Aim Thrifty Gifty Christmas Tree £300 - lets see how ebay and everything else goes :T

In a roundabout way then, I'm in! :A Roll on 31 Oct :rotfl:
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Phew - have added so far to be £335 - that doesn't include survey sites that I can't cash out at the mo like onepoll or points like lightspeed (will add those when I cash them in).

Am going for Santa's sleigh but will hopefully add a couple of reindeer :rotfl: - don't think I can make it to angel :A
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • jamtart6
    Options
    Yep - but think I might confuse myself if I start fiddling around like that - have just been and put 50p in sealed pot to cover it :D.

Think I've got it - off to rejig my spreadsheet to see what I have my grubby santa's mitts on at the mo.
    Well then yes you quite rightly should put 50 p in. Maybe pin moneys one to avoid for the easily confused? :p;):DOK I'll stop being cheeky now :A

• jamtart6
    Options
    hi and welcome fedup! Yes why not lets just throw everything we have at this!

• RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Ok I give up!! ... I thought we were starting from scratch with this challenge for anything we can make from today leading up to christmas?? not what we have since after the last challenge??? yet some of the posts are basically everything since the last challenge ... if it is after the last challenge then I need to claim the status already as I have made £551.97 in the last 2 months on ebay! ....

Jammy can you sort this out please as I am really confused ... £551.97 is a heck of a lot more than my measly £6.50 which is todays sales?
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • jamtart6
    edited 28 August 2009 at 10:08PM
    Options
    Right OK.
    As far as I see it we should start from scratch with CASH. All cash related things, cashback, eBay, boot sales, selling your soul should be started from scratch.

With VOUCHERS I think we should be able to include anything that we have got stashed away for Christmas.

If everyone just wants to start from scratch with everything then we can do that! I am losing the will to type - am getting confuzzled!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport