Thrifty Gifty - Money Making for Christmas & All Ocassions 2009

Options

Comments

• jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    green metropolis possibly? try a local market seller too bunbun!

quick update: lost patience and interest with swagbucks - one to avoid!

Have perservered with dooyoo - got the hang of it now, you have to put the time in to rate other review so ppl will rate you back. I am on £24 - £25 is the cash out value. 50p per review and 1.5p per read - most of my reviews are getting 40-50 reads. Gonna stick with this, reckon I could get another £25 easily by xmas if I put in 20mins a day.

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks mum2one and jamtart. I have looked at green metropolis and will list them tomorrow.
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • jamtart6
    Options
    Hi Folks,
    Super busy at the moment, but just checking in to see how you are all doing?

Any brilliant bargains, any super vouchers or points earned lately?

I have just cashed in £25 on dooyoo for amazon vouchers - VERY happy :D

Hope you are all ok, speak 2 u soon x

• furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Jammy good to see you again!

I am not doing very well at making money! But I have bought some good bargains for christmas bits and bobs I have spotted in different shops in the last few weeks tho nothing major. I do love Christmas and get very excited!
  • NickyBo_2
    NickyBo_2 Posts: 931 Forumite
    Options
    I've just signed up to Dooyoo but not written anything yet. Does anyone have any tips on how to be successful with it?

Making money for Christmas 2012!
  • jamtart6
    Options
    NickyBo wrote: »
    I've just signed up to Dooyoo but not written anything yet. Does anyone have any tips on how to be successful with it?

Yes - don't just write the minimum of 150 words or pad out the wording with lots of unnecessary babble. Have a look at the "crowned" reviews for an idea of what is a really good review (although tbh I can't be bothered always writing them that long!!! mine are about 500wrds). Then read a lot of other reviews and rate them. Then people should rate you back. Before you write a 2nd review, just do a lot of reading and rating and get a good number of rates on your 1st review. What is your dooyoo name? I'll add you to my 'circle of friends' and rate your reviews. I warn you it takes patience, but it does pay off as the more ppl who rate you, the more ££ you get :)

• NickyBo_2
    NickyBo_2 Posts: 931 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that, that was really helpful. My dooyoo name is the same as on here - NickyBo. I try to keep the same name for everything or I forget who I am in different places :rotfl:
    Making money for Christmas 2012!
  • lauhen
    lauhen Posts: 437 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know how long it takes to receive a voucher from lightspeed, i could have sworn i asked for an electronic one from amazon, has anyone else received one.
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lauhen wrote: »
    does anyone know how long it takes to receive a voucher from lightspeed, i could have sworn i asked for an electronic one from amazon, has anyone else received one.

Ages I think is the answer :o. You can check if you have ordered one by looking at your points total it will show as a big red -60000.

Here's the answer from their FAQs
    How long will it take to receive my vouchers? Voucher delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • Iolanthe
    Iolanthe Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    I've had amazon vouchers from Lightspeed twice and they have turned up via email within an hour of requesting them:confused: Don't know if there are some settings you can fiddle with or not...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure