Thrifty Gifty - Money Making for Christmas & All Ocassions 2009

Options

Comments

• rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    Count me in please Jammy, I think I will go for Bauble status at the moment as I cant find much for Ebay.
  • NickyBo_2
    NickyBo_2 Posts: 931 Forumite
    Options
    Me too please :) This is my first time doing anything like this so I think I'll just aim for the Wrapping paper status. I'd rather do better and be pleased than aim high and not make it.

So far I have a £5 Amazon voucher but I'm hoping to have another £10 soon from the Media Habits surveys I do.

I also have £6 high street voucher from a Royal Mail survey I'm due to do.

I had a bit of luck today, I was checking my old wallet for a photo and I found £5 caught up in a receipt! I must have missed it when I emptied all the money out, unless the nice little Christmas Elves are giving me a helping hand :) So I have put that in my sealed Christmas money box.

Do Boots points count? If so I have £10 of them saved for Christmas.

I've just sorted lots of stuff to try to sell on Ebay, so we'll see what happens with that.

I'm looking forward to this, it will be nice to have the 'group spirit' spurring me on :)
    Making money for Christmas 2012!
  • NickyBo_2
    NickyBo_2 Posts: 931 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh, I've just remembered I've saved £45 of Tesco clubcard vouchers for my son's Christmas presents! So would that count as £90 saved as I will double up on all of them to buy toys?

I think I'd better change what I'm aiming for. Can I now please aim for Star status (£150).
    Making money for Christmas 2012!
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ooh lost my post somehow here earlier! I said I would join in the challenge and try and get selling on ebay!! I do have some vouchers saved so will add them up!
  • sarahf191979
    sarahf191979 Posts: 3,077 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Anyone who wants to join Pinecone send me a pm your email, they have sent me an invite your friends email, and as your all my friends I wanted to share ;)

Sarah
    x
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Where's the Coffee?? Show me the Coffee NOW!!
  • sarahf191979
    Options
    Morning Jammy

I'm getting confused tooooooo :eek:

I didn't do the last challenge so I take it I start from sratch yes?? and I don't do Ebay :confused:

Oh I wish I didn't get so confused, must have something to do with the amount of Coffee I drink....(Well thats my excuse:rotfl:)
  • foxy219
    foxy219 Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Jammy, think this is a great idea. I would like to go for SuperStar status - have some shop and scan points that I have been saving to convert into vouchers to go in the Movie hampers, and sorted all the kids toys (to make room for the new ones) pictures have been taken and they are ready for ebay!
    Just received voucher from Mazuma for mobile phone recycled - £60!!! This is going to go towards ds bike for Christmas, so doing well already!
    Motto: You gotta be in it to win it!:j
    2015 Objective - Pay off credit cards/Overpay mortgage
    2015 Wins: Nothing yet, but keeping trying :T
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone

Sarah - have pm'd you about pinecone thanks.

I will have to change my goal to Sparkling Star. I have babysat my grandchildren for the last 2 days as my daughters childminder was on holiday and save just sitting there with them did all the housework (roped kids into helping). Well she just texted me to say she has paid £70 into my bank for helping her out.

I still have about £15 of Amazon vouchers so total so far is £85.
  • sarahf191979
    Options
    rufusd!!!2 wrote: »

Sarah - have pm'd you about pinecone thanks.

Just sent you the invite hun.

I meant to say before I don't get anything for this it's just an invite for you to join, so I'm not plugging or anything.

Sarah
    x
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    This is a great challenge - I am aiming for Sleigh Status £500. I have a bunch to ebay, which we will be listing this week, £5 in Amazon vouchers from BP, £5 I found in my bookcase stashed in a mug, and am thinking of selling a few gold items that never see the light of day otherwise (not a real bling type person LOL).
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family