Great Factory Shops Hunt

Comments

• Thanks - I have a few leads on some fresh veg - so at least something to balance the chocolate! I'm surfing the web to try and find local food producers etc - I've emailed a few - most of them say no to being open to the public but maybe I'll get lucky! :)
  • carly
    carly Posts: 1,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There is a guide to factory shops and many dealing with specific areas only. I used to have an older edition, and it was very useful. Found this one on Amazon but there are probably others too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/094896572X/qid=1101235505/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_8_1/202-4702653-3528654#product-details
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thanks for that, thats a great link.
  • HERE
    a list of factory shops here, mostly clothes I think

Boardguide comment: Link shortened
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks - I have a few leads on some fresh veg - so at least something to balance the chocolate! I'm surfing the web to try and find local food producers etc - I've emailed a few - most of them say no to being open to the public but maybe I'll get lucky! :)

let us know how you get on.
  • Several no's at the moment - so no better off but no worse! Might have time to check one place out tomorrow. One has a shop but only for staff, but I don't know anyone there!
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i not been able to find anymore either. :( but will keep trying.
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    There's loads in Leicester, lots of clothing, im sure the tourist office even has a special leaflet about them. Because of a lot of food manufacturers locally, amazingly cheap stuff turns up on the market - sweets, cakes, biscuits (including the luxury ones) pies, sausage rolls...Also stilton is cheap here if you really must eat that sort of thing :-X (because its local) The butchers David Cheshires sells overruns of M&S/asda &other supermarkets - i once had a huge tray of venison sausages for 2 quid! Often get 5 'ready to roast in the tin' joints of meat for FIVE POUNDS!!! Things like gammon, beef, turkey, and some of the nicest pork ive had. Served it to guests and they were impressed, daren't tell them how cheap it was :o
    'ave it!
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Good for you! There are lots of foods made in Norfolk but it seems mos of them don't have a factory shop or if they do its for staff only. :'(
    Still I'm gonna keep trying and see if I can supplement my diet on more than chocs!
  • rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    I beleive Rossendale has quite a few factory shops mainly shoes though i think, mostly in the Bacup, Rawtenstall & Haslingden areas

There is also a textiles factory shop Just outside Bury, but feel sure they must have others around the country.
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family