We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OLD STYLE Thursday...7th May
Comments
-
Afternoon all
Just thought I would pop on during my lunch hour at work to say thanks for all your good wishes re DH's job - and yes, the relief is immense - so immense that there will be no OS at all today as when we get home from work we will be going out for a pub meal to celebrate :beer:
:grouphug:to you all for your support and kindness
xxxx0 -
Hi everyone :wave: :hello:
Woke up at 5am, laid until 6am, then tried reading, by 6.30am was fast asleep again and didn't get up until gone 9:o:o. DH was up before me and when he brought me a coffee (to wake me up) I reminded him to switch the WM on so two loads done and out on the line, lovely sunny day here and some already dry, so ironing to be tackled maybe another day. Third load now on, and BM already has produced a loaf. Asda had some brown seeded packet mixes on for 65p so tried one of those.
Bathroom/kitchen and lounge sparkling and hoovering through. Back to tackling the paperwork which arrived while we were away.
Mince and veg I cooked yesterday I will do for DH with some Spaghetti for tonight, need some inspiration for me, maybe Liver with Green Veg.
Hope Dad is improving Sunnygirl :grouphug:
:bdaycake: SOMO1
WS - get yourself checked out, you are getting too many colds!!
((((hugs))))) to those who are not 100% - and a none hug to H-J.
PW There is one one thing worse than having to have your own review, and that is having 20 or more to do :rolleyes: Luckily not no more.
DGMember #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?0 -
Not really OS

Trousers that are long enough for little bear are a bit big on the waist. They head south, and the whole street saw his nappy on Tuesday
:rolleyes: I hope to be able to get out on Sat to purchase some more trousers for him (I like him in jeans) and I will be taking measurements and a tape measure with me, but any suggestions about how to keep his trousers up? Daren't try a belt with his track record!
That is, if they will let me into the shops, nose is dripping, coughing, very unhappy. They are more likely at the moment to scream 'unclean!' and chase me out because of swine flu. Sigh.
Donnygal - the dr said I would get better now it is summer. :rolleyes:
Chrisca - it would be a poor do if you didn't celebrate such good news. I am really glad for you.Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!0 -
Hi Guys!
Thanks for all the lovely messages and PM's. I'm not going to mention my health today as Ive had enough of it!
OH went to the market this morning and bought:
Jersey new pots (2.5lbs), pears (7 large white ones), naval oranges (6), mushrooms (13 large ones) vine toms (12), peppers (6) and a large cauliflower for......£3.50
Then went to the 99p store and got stuff we needed which totalled £16.00.
WM has been on and house cleaned from top to bottom today.
Hugs to all.
PP
xxTo repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,requires brains!FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS0 -
wannabe_sybil wrote: »Not really OS

Trousers that are long enough for little bear are a bit big on the waist. They head south, and the whole street saw his nappy on Tuesday
:rolleyes: I hope to be able to get out on Sat to purchase some more trousers for him (I like him in jeans) and I will be taking measurements and a tape measure with me, but any suggestions about how to keep his trousers up? Daren't try a belt with his track record!
My DS's had red & blue braces when they suffered the same problems.....not sure where you'd buy them though? Aha :idea: Ebay!!0 -
My DS's had red & blue braces when they suffered the same problems.....not sure where you'd buy them though? Aha :idea: Ebay!!
Ebay is my friend!!!
THANK YOU!
Little bear has just wilfully and knowingly drawn with permanent marker on a reupholstered chair. I think I need a nice cup of tea. He needs a nap, but is fighting it to the knife.
Really appreciate the idea. Thank you.
Edited to add - gottem!Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!0 -
WS - Always had same problem with skinny DS, used to opten the back of the waistband at each side and thread some 1" (25mm) strong elastic through to tighten then up and then sew to the waistband to keep in place. If they were elasticated trousers then I used to open and tighten the elastic if necessary.
Oh heck, put a telescope on Freecycle and had 7 replies within 10 minutes:eek:, waiting to allow those working to see and then will put the names in a hat - only way I can think of, any other thoughts?
DGMember #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?0 -
Good afternoon chums and happy birthday to stressedoutmumofone,
I have had a really good day so far. My youngest DD came in with news that she had got the job she had been interviewed for on Monday So pleased, as with 5 children money sometimes has to be a bit elaaaaaaaastic.Then I bought a pressure washer yesterday from B&Q's with the discount it only came to just under £53 .00.Youngset DD fixed it all together and my patio is now gleaming again, as it once was a couple of years ago.DD has carted it off home to have a go at her decking.I'll get the little boys to do my car on Sunday if the weathers nice.
Bought some lovely Kent strawberries yesterday, and had them with some creme frais last night for pudding .I had the tiniest little chicken you could imagine in my freezer(bought yellow stickered for a quid at Sainsbugs about a month ago) and I got it out, and SC it overnight.This morning I stripped all the meat off and curried it so now have four portions of curried chook to go in the freezer.Four evening meals for a pound that's good value to me I only have to do a little rice to go with it .Dinner tonight will be salad and possibly a jacket potato followed by some more of the strawberries , whats left I will make a Victorian sponge with, and decorate with fresh strawberries for my DD as a special treat.Right must get a wriggle on and do some ironing
have a nice day everyone0 -
afternoon everybody
happy birthday SOMO1 :beer: hope you have a lovely day
sunnygirl (hugs) to you and the family hope ddad is improving
Taplady hows things at yours? (hugs) to you and DS
WS ((hugs)) you sound shattered hope you get a good nights sleep tonight
well took DD for an xray of her thumb and she has fractured the tip , they havent done anything with it , although they did suggest if the pain got too bad they could put a hole through her thumb nail to relieve the pressure :eek: she declined :rolleyes:
lovely weather today and it looks like the veggies survived the monsoon / gales from last night
I have the washer on
bacon ,eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes for tea
((hugs)) to all that need0 -
sistercas - does not sound nice for your daughter. Is she being good and resting it? I am sure it will heal well. As for drilling a hole in the nail :eek::eek::eek::eek:
donnygal - I think I shall have to dig out some elastic, for when the braces won't do. I am sure I have some somewhere, thank you for the tip. It is so funny when his trousers head south and he looks so indignant and hoicks them up. I didn't think he was that slim, his arms and legs are well covered, I can't easily see his ribs and he just seems normal to me. He is certainly not a deprived child. He is having a much needed nap now, but before that polished off finger of fudge with some energy and attack :rotfl:
Speaking of much needed naps, I think I may make an attempt..
Hugs to all.Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
