We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OLD STYLE Thursday...7th May
Comments
-
Hi, Just caught up,
SUNNYDAY, Hope you wont be as nervous if you have to go back again.
SUNNYGIRL, I do hope you'll get some good news today. (((( take care))))
DIVA, Hope you hear from Tristan soon.
CHRISCA, I can almost hear the sighs of relief re DH's job.
JOVICHICK, I made up a mix of Stardrops and Starcleen, smeared it all over the oven and left it overnight. I used a stainless steel pad to scrub and it came up gleaming.
PEN PIN, JACKI O, and all in need ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
SMOKY, Still missing yah. x
HAPPYROLY, where are you? hope you're too busy having fun to post on here.
STRESSEDOUTMUMOF1, hAPPY bIRTHDAY0 -
Good morning everyone - thanks for the birthday wishes :beer:
I'm at work :rolleyes: - I did think about taking the day off work - but I thought it would be kind of depressing being alone on my birthday (cue the violins :rotfl:) so that's it - I'm in
DH bought me a beautiful Cath Kidston sewing box, with thread tin, pins tin and buttons tin - absolutely delighted
DD bought me a bar of green and blacks
she's a good girl and the IL's bought me bare minerals make up kit - which is fantastic
I've also got some vouchers and a manicure and some money - so I've been a very lucky girl 
Not very much OS going on today - apart from making a loaf of bread for sandwiches when I get home.
Dinner: DH and DD are taking me out :j Did I mention I was a lucky girl
Have a lovely day everyone xxSquares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)0 -
Morning all
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STRESSED OUT MUM OF1:beer:
Weather here is dull and grey so not much washing will be done
Tea tonight is chicken or pie not sure yet and veg
OH has just P**d me off big time he was picking a trailer up in my car for scouts i said he could use my car if the trailer was roadworthy yes yes they all said guess what no working lights I also said it needs to be off the rear parking by mon as we have a B&Q delivery last time someone looked after a trailer they had it for over a year so i have concerns only OH shouts at me and tells me not to tell him what to do unfortunatly where scouts are concerned they can do no wrong:mad: unlike me:D
Sunny Girl hope DF had a comfortable night
WS hope LB feels a bit better
Jovichick have to say I always get a man in to do my oven as part of my Xmas pressie not very OS but oven always looks like new after much better than i could get it
Hugs to all who need them have a good day0 -
Happy Birthday SOMO1 :bdaycake:I agree with you about not staying at home all on your own!
Sunnygirl - Thinking of you all xx
Still trying to "rest up", (not very successfully:rolleyes:) so will just send ((((HUGS)))) to everyone who needs some, oh and some )))not-hugs((( to Haribo!0 -
Good morning :hello:
Well, meal-planning has had to be altered again - was hoping for some time off work today but have to go in, so will have to cook something easily reheatable for OH & DD2.
Brief panic from DD2 this morning when she couldn't find her coursework to hand in - deadline today, but found it eventually at school - it had been moved. Now her car is playing up. She's really feeling the pressure at the moment with AS levels and a dance exam coming up, so am trying to give lots of support/hugs/cups of tea etc.
Happy birthday SOMO1:bdaycake:
Sunnygirl - hope your Dad is doing ok.
Right, off to check the veggies, put another load in the WM, set the BM going and make a HUGE lasagne - going to stuff it full of veg and lentils so there'll be plenty for tomorrow or to freeze:D
Have a good OS day!GC April 93.92/5000 -
Morning All
Big ((((((hugs)))))) for all who need them and hope all of us who are feeling under the weather soon feel better.
OS has been happening, all be it incredibly slowly! Managed to make my list of what food we had in and make a bit of a meal plan. Kinda just put things together and worked out what else we would need to make meals so not a plan as such but a start!
Woke up this morning and the fingers of my left hand were touching the inside of my arm :eek: so technically my wrist was bent at a 180 degree angle. Needless to say that hurt a tad. DH took great pleasure in reminding me that is the exact reason I was made night splints. Might put them on tonight and clobber him over the head with them..............purely 'accidentally' of course!! :rotfl:
Thinking today might be a bit of a slow day as my wrist still feels slightly strange. Am trying to tackle one room at a time so today will be the living room. Really need the outside of our living room window cleaned but it is quite high and DH doesnt really do step ladders, was thinking of getting up there myself but its pretty windy and Im not too sure I would be able to hold on that well. Might brave it later and hope I dont fall off!
Hope you all have a nice day
Linz xoxoxIts hard to wait around for that something you know may never happen,but its harder to give up when you know its everything you ever wanted.........
People tell me Im going the wrong way..............when its simply a way of my own!0 -
Morning everyone - hope you're having an okay day and that you're not being blown away? It's blowing a hooley up here and all the ferries are cancelled
Just as well I've got a well stocked freezer and don't need to get much in the way of shopping in.
Had a busy night last night, got back in after 6 and then had to head off to Choir practice. Should be able to do some studing this evening and DH is on a half day and is going to do the cleaning!!

Many happy returns SOMO! :bdaycake:
Sunnygirl - thinking of you and your mum and hope that your Dad is improving?
Hugs to everyone else that need them and hope the rest of the day goes well, whatever you're up to!0 -
Had a quick trip to ASDA this morning, they had Aubergines for 50p. Off into town once I've dropped DS2 at nursery. I need to pick up my glasses from the opticians. I also need to get my washing on the line, sew DS1's beaver badge on and vacuum - so a fairly busy morning.0
-
Morning all,
SunnyGirl, I hope things are improving for your Dad.
Chrisca, I'm glad to hear your Oh's job is safe..it must be a big relief.
Ivyleaf, try to rest as much as you can.
Redruby, I hope you get the school business sorted out.
tired mum, men can be real pains at times.
jovichick, there are some good tips on this thread: cleaning the oven
Stressedoutmumof1, Happy Birthday! :bdaycake:
Quiet morning here. I've been out in the garden searching for slugs as the little blighters had a bit of a nibble at my broad beans last night.
At the moment I'm putting off filling out forms for my annual staff performance review this afternoon. I hate those things and they seem such a waste of time as the same things are said every year. I've got two loads of washing blowing on the line so fingers crossed they will dry before the rain starts. We're forecast gales tonight so I'll need to secure some things in the garden too. We had roast beef last night and I think there's enough left over to make a pie for tonight so I need to pick up some puff pastry for that...Life's too short to make puff pastry in my opinion. 
Oh well, I can't put it off any longer, so I'd better go and fill in those forms.
Have a good day everyone.
Pink0 -
Afternoon peeps :wave:
what a beautiful day for your Birthday Stressedoutmumof1, have a great day :bdaycake:
Well i woke up bright and early with the sun shining through the blinds and i finished my first cuppa for halfpast six and was in the garden for seven, the downside is that i`m wo*king the late shift today so i`ll be bushed later.
I`ve planted out broad beans, runner beans and sweetcorn and repotted many plants. I thought that i would try the idea that i read about on the greenfingered board which is planting tumbling toms upside down in old 2litre bottles but the plant that i tried it on looks very sorry for itself
if it dosen`t work i`ve two more tumblers that i`ve planted up into a basket.
Beemuzed - I bought the standard remoska last year and wouldn`t be without it, it`s great for cakes and the yorkshire pudding recipe that Mrs Mcawber posted is fab - just right for the remmy, don`t use the recipe for yorkies that came in the little book with it as the measurements are wrong.
Sunnygirl - thinking of you and your family ((((HUGS))))
Chrisca50 - So glad to hear about OH job being safe, the relief is amazing.
Right i need to see if the washing outside is dry, wash a few pots and get ready for the long hard slog at w*rk.
Have a lovely day everyone.
SDPlanning on starting the GC again soon
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
