IS this Legal

Options
9115334284 item no

Selling information on where to get goods, but is stated in small font at bottom (well not that small, but alot smaller than rest of text),

Is this legal? and if not how can I report to ebay?

Thanks

Only came across this as im looking for a new phone
2007 £1749
2008 £291.99
2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
total so far for 09 £92.99

Comments

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    his feedback is a bit iffy too
    the last one is from a buyer of a link as above, positive feedback but it reads
    Some of items were broken. Contact seller for resolve and hear nothing. :confused:
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Sugar_Coated_Owl Posts: 12,379 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't have thought so no. Why on earth have users bid on it???
    --><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.
  • snax
    snax Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Dunno if it's legal - but it's definately immoral ... note the 'back to top' clickies in the description steering you away from the last paragraph.
    Looks like the seller is relying on buyers not bothering to read all the way through and can then point out afterwards that it was stated in the auction listing so no refund.
    Dunno ebay policy on this sort of thing - can remember a few auctions for Xbox 360 leading up to Xmas where the listing had, in small print, right at the end " This auction is for a picture of an Xbox 360" - one had a bid of £420!!
    Happens a lot - auctions for a link to such and such which can usually be found yourself with a bit of Googling - should be a law against it.
    Regards
    S.
    Learn to laugh at yourself ... everyone else has:rotfl:
    Regards
    S.
  • Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Options
    It cant be reported for having a misleading title. In fact the whole listing is misleading. It's not until the very bottom of the auction in much smaller font that you realize that you aren't bidding on a phone and just a link. I guess the bidders just didn't realize.

• ebay-expert
    Options
    If I was you I would report it to Ebay, They are trying to stop this sort of thing, However you cant blame him for trying there seems to be enough doughnuts about that make it worth while for these people to do it,

"if its to good to be true it normally is".
  • dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    Ive reported it, looked at some of the people bidding, seems most are new to it, felt a bit sorry for them!!!!!

not like its going for pennys or £1.99, one lot is going for over £100........
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
  • Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Options
    If the auction doesn't get pulled pretty soon then they are going to end up paying £105 for a link! I feel sorry for really new eBayers like the ones that have bid on this auction.

• dipsy
    Options
    Whats the stance from ebay on emailing the bidder and just saying a friendly warning they should read the last lines?

Dont want to get in trouble but equally hate seeing someone getting ripped off.....
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
  • Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Options
    I emailed 2 of the bidders. Not sure if it's actually allowed but I felt that I was being helpful by doing it.

• dipsy
    Options
    I emailed 2 of the bidders. Not sure if it's actually allowed but I felt that I was being helpful by doing it.

I will keep eye out and do same - just suggest they read the small print at bottom........
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport